Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cam (VMB4000r3) offline.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lokky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cam for about 2 months.   They appeared offline twice. To fix it, I have to send someone the site to restart the base station.

Note:

1. The base station appeared offline so all cam appeared offline at the same time.

2. No cloud recording when they are offline.

3. Internet LED was orange.

4. Motion-detection notification continued to work.

5. I use Huawei B525 provided by Vodafone AU

6. Firmware : 1.14.0.2_2776

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lokky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen the offline issue for 2 months.   I can see my Base Station firmware has been upgraded to 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a.  The release note stated "Improvements to system reliability" 🙂 Good job.

By the way, thanks for your advice on UPS.  The route and the base should have battery backup.  However, UPS with remote management (replacing my old WEMO) is expensive. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think it may be an issue with the 4g router.... it may be dropping internet

What is the upload speed your getting from it?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Lokky
Aspirant
Aspirant

It ranges from 9 - 20 Mbps.

There is not much activities at the site.  The cam only needs pick up one or two motion a day.  Anyway the base station should not stay offline forever after internet shortage.

Can the base station support repeated schedule restart?  If so, I don't need to send someone to the site every time.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only possible answer I have for you is a WEMO type outlet... which can be controled via wifi ( turned on and off )

Usu if the base goes off line and it doesn't come back properly with the router it can stay offline.

This is us fixed by a power down then up.( which the outlet can do ) ( clock timer off-on? )

Not 100% sure it's the 4g router as the speed seems fine.

PS...def run a usb backup so if the base goes offline from internet, the cameras will still record to the speed stick

Lokky
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac There are so many ongoing offline issues.  How can I make a change request for workaround like schedule restart?

So disappointed with Arlo.  I think I only need to restart my D-Link camera once over years.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Best place to post is here...sort of wish list area

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

ps I know this doesn't solve your problems, but to be honest, I very rarely have had to reboot / restart my bases or cameras over the last 3 + yrs... Can't remember the last time on released FW ( beta field testing FW now and then it has happened) 

But I do have my setup (modem,router,bases) all plugged into a UPS with a line conditioner at the front end

Lokky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen the offline issue for 2 months.   I can see my Base Station firmware has been upgraded to 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a.  The release note stated "Improvements to system reliability" 🙂 Good job.

By the way, thanks for your advice on UPS.  The route and the base should have battery backup.  However, UPS with remote management (replacing my old WEMO) is expensive. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation