Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cam (VMB4000r3) offline.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lokky Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cam for about 2 months.   They appeared offline twice. To fix it, I have to send someone the site to restart the base station.

Note:

1. The base station appeared offline so all cam appeared offline at the same time.

2. No cloud recording when they are offline.

3. Internet LED was orange.

4. Motion-detection notification continued to work.

5. I use Huawei B525 provided by Vodafone AU

6. Firmware : 1.14.0.2_2776

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Guru TomMac Guru
Guru

I think it may be an issue with the 4g router.... it may be dropping internet

What is the upload speed your getting from it?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Lokky Aspirant
Aspirant

It ranges from 9 - 20 Mbps.

There is not much activities at the site.  The cam only needs pick up one or two motion a day.  Anyway the base station should not stay offline forever after internet shortage.

Can the base station support repeated schedule restart?  If so, I don't need to send someone to the site every time.

Guru TomMac Guru
Guru

The only possible answer I have for you is a WEMO type outlet... which can be controled via wifi ( turned on and off )

Usu if the base goes off line and it doesn't come back properly with the router it can stay offline.

This is us fixed by a power down then up.( which the outlet can do ) ( clock timer off-on? )

Not 100% sure it's the 4g router as the speed seems fine.

PS...def run a usb backup so if the base goes offline from internet, the cameras will still record to the speed stick

Lokky Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac There are so many ongoing offline issues.  How can I make a change request for workaround like schedule restart?

So disappointed with Arlo.  I think I only need to restart my D-Link camera once over years.

Guru TomMac Guru
Guru

Best place to post is here...sort of wish list area

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

ps I know this doesn't solve your problems, but to be honest, I very rarely have had to reboot / restart my bases or cameras over the last 3 + yrs... Can't remember the last time on released FW ( beta field testing FW now and then it has happened) 

But I do have my setup (modem,router,bases) all plugged into a UPS with a line conditioner at the front end