Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd Arlo Pro 2 camera won't sync with Base Station. Blue LED keeps blinking. Tried restarting.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AaronYeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the two-camera pack (VMS4230-100AUS) today.

I installed the base station, and then the first camera (both are working flawlessly).

BUT, trying to get the second camera to sync is proving difficult.

I have ensured the batteries are in correctly (I get the initial blue startup LED on the camera)

I press the sync button on the base station and the sync light blicks.

I then press the sync button on the camera (within three feet away) and the blue LED blinks on and off about every second.

Then after about 30 seconds, the sync light on the base station goes back to solid, but the blue LED on the camera continues to blink.

I've restarted the base station. Removed the batteries from the camera.

I've followed the steps exactly as per community.netgear.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/arlo-knowledge-base/article-id/60 but the camera still won't sync

Could you please shed some light to solve this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.

Jackofallspades
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just received my Arlo Pro 2 camera setup yesterday and am experiencing this exact same issue. I've tried any camera sync solutions I've found in the forum so far, but none have worked. One camera will sync and work every time, but the 2nd refuses to do so no matter how I try to sync it (at base or on app). I'm beginning to think that the camera needs to be replaced, but I wanted to see if there's any known solution to this issue.
AaronYeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
You have to reset the station, the pin hole behind the station. Insert a pin for 3 seconds to reset the station. Each camera will have to re-sync one at a time. If battery is weak, take the battery out. Connect the camera with power cable. Once sync, insert the battery inside the camera while your cable is still inserted inside the camera. Once the battery is inside the camera, unplug the cable. If does not work, call the Australia help line. They are helpful. Good luck!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation