Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

If purchasing the base system which has 2 cameras (Arlo Pro 2 Smart Security System with 2 Cameras (VMS4230P) ) and want to maintain constant power as well as keep the battery charged what do I need?

I believe I can purchase the cord but that is another $50 for each camera?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An unofficial method is to use a QUALITY charger that supports Qualcomm QuickCharge capability (5v and 9v). Many recent phones use this such as those from Samsung.

TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

That is my concern of it being "unofficial".

I can hear them now if I have an issue with the camera....

Me : The power on the camera is not working.

Them : What power cord are you using?

We know what happens next. Man Happy

LARRY2716
Guide
Guide

I use this bought on Amazon and has worked perfect. I leave battery out, but may leave it in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MH7RFB/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_tai_yNrxAb4BCXKKK

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Where did you see the cords for $50?

I only know of buying the additional, spare battery, which weirdly comes with a charger and cord, but has no ability to charge the battery without either a camera or a charging station tube

steve_t
Master Master
Master

TomLandry wrote:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx?p=prodarlo_pro_2_systems

So you're also indicating either the spare battery with the charger and cord or the charging station tube with charger and cord??

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

steve_t wrote:

Where did you see the cords for $50?

Long 20ft Cable for Arlo Q Plus and Arlo Q with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or

Amazon.com : Cable for Arlo Q with thoughtfully designed L-Shaped Micro-USB Head - by Wasserstein - ...

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Neither of those are $50. Neither come with a charger. Neither are genuine Netgear components

TomLandry
Tutor
Tutor

steve_t wrote:

TomLandry wrote:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx?p=prodarlo_pro_2_systems

So you're also indicating either the spare battery with the charger and cord or the charging station tube with charger and cord??

It was all I could find.

If you could provide the actual cord on this web site that would be great.

I assume the camera already comes with a battery.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. I've made enquiries as to whether a charging adapter and cable could be purchased without needing to buy the extra battery or the charging station could be coming. Seems silly to not be available separately. Not sure when I'll hear back but at this stage, don't hold your breath 😉

doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:

An unofficial method is to use a QUALITY charger that supports Qualcomm QuickCharge capability (5v and 9v). Many recent phones use this such as those from Samsung.

I agree that a QuickCharge 2.0 or 3.0 charger will work just fine.  I think the more important item is the cord that you are using.  I was charging with a QC2 charger and a quality Anker cord and the charging rate was very slow.  I switched to the OEM charger and cord and the charging rate increased.  The next time I needed to charge the camera I tried the Anker cord again and this time I realized that the cord end was slightly larger than the OEM cord and wasn't fully inserting in to the charging port on the camera.  I'm fairly certain that this was my issue on the previous charging attempt.  I am going to verifty this the next time I charge my camera.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation