Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Unclevacho
Star
Star

I purchased a 6 camera Arlo Pro2 camera system thinking that the clouds storage and app function is free. All of a sudden my cameras suspiciously went offline and the ‘mode’ from the mobile app goes blank and after resetting the base station none of the cameras work. Arlo suggests I purchase a plan. WHY? This was supposed to be free. I assume Arlo deliberately did this to force customers to purchase a plan. They don’t even support by phone. THIS IS ILLEGAL. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. This will allow users to safely use the device order feature without resulting in any issues.

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue with VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations being removed when adjusting device order within Arlo account settings. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are working on a resolution.

For additional updates on status, please refer to status.arlo.com

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

44 REPLIES 44
Ldevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just did that and still no good. Even deleted app for the 3rd time and reinstalled and nothing. Last time all three cameras worked was at 6:30 am on 9/13. Not good since we are not at the location (which is why I haven’t opened a support ticket) and have no idea what is going on there 😡what’s the point of having over $,1000 in cameras if they don’t work! This is all just very frustrating. 

JasonCCC
Star
Star

Yes where is Arlo?

Why in the world are new people with this problem are still being told to

Uninstall and reinstall their app?

Check ports on their firewall?

Make sure your device is close to your base station?

How hard is it for them to tell level one support that when someone calls and says my base stations are missing from my app to not waste their time on a problem the user cannot fix.

Users figured out the problem, users are the ones helping other people,  users are the ones with the work around (which BTW has been working fine).

However last night I was contemplating swapping a pro 3 I have in one spot with a pro 2 I have in another... but it would mess up my camera order in my app and i know I cannot reorder them so I guess I'll leave it for now (I'm a little ODC with my camera order). So while I am up and running this bug is still effecting me.

Again reminder to all DO NOT REORDER YOUR CAMERAS.

Xmastree
Guide
Guide

I chatted with Support yesterday and here is what they told me:

"As per checking on our end, there are multiple contacts regarding on the concern with the "Mode" tab showing blank on the Arlo app. Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where the "Modes" page is showing blank. We apologize for this inconvenience we are working on resolving this issue."

Having a security system that doesn't work is much more than an "inconvenience," it's a serious safety concern. 

Wrathchild
Guide
Guide

My system is now running after I reset everything (again) and this time made sure not reorder anything. Thank you community for figuring out this temporary workaround solution to Arlo’s service crippling problem. You’re a lifesaver, figuratively and potentially literally.

Now we all wait to see how and when (if ever) Arlo decides to resurface and correct this disaster. It’s an absolute embarrassment

for Arlo’s tech and support teams that we are the ones figuring this out and helping each other. They have had adequate time to address this situation and yet choose to remain silent abandoning their customers. 

In2racn
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my Pro 4 cameras that are on Arlo hubs are "currently offline". My other Pro 4 cameras that are direct connect to my wifi are working. I have 2 different hubs in 2 different places and neither hub will display a camera. This just started 9-20-22.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Xmastree, 

thank you for the update. 
apparently Arlo admits for the ‘mode’ being blank and as a result the entire system is down. 2 of my pro2 cameras are hardwired, 4 running on battery and are connected to Arlo solar panel. All battery cams are showing wrong battery status. All 6 Pro2 cams are online, I can stream but can’t  record. ‘Mode’ being blank, I can’t arm the system. I don’t see my base station anywhere. Funny thing is that when used web browser, all 6 cams show offline!

The big question is this:

IF ARLO COMES UP WITH A SOLUTION, HOW ARE THEY GOING TO RELAY THAT TO ALL AFFECTED USERS? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue with VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations being removed when adjusting device order within Arlo account settings. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are working on a resolution.

For additional updates on status, please refer to status.arlo.com

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. This will allow users to safely use the device order feature without resulting in any issues.

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Hello JamesC,

For users that ‘mode’ is blank and don’t see the base station,

you recommended the this:

“For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.”

I tried it couple of times and followed the prompts, was unable to detect my base station. 
-I have VMB400 base 

-All LED’s are green

-Base station is connected to

my router Ethernet

Unable to detect the base station. Mode is again blank

Using web browser, all cameras shows offline, under ‘setting tab’,  ‘My Devices’ is totally empty. 
About shows:

Version: 3.6.12_1

Released: 9/8/22

Any advise?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unclevacho,

Consider factory resetting the base using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

After the reset is complete attempting onboarding again.

JamesC

Ldevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found that I can’t even access the cameras on Myarlo.com!  I log in, click view cameras and it keeps taking me back to the log in screen! So I got 3 cameras connected to the hub, which the hub shows blue yet cameras are all offline. I have two more cameras and a doorbell cam that aren’t even connected yet and I feel like I should just throw them all in the garbage at this point! The 3 were installed in May and when my trial was up I had paid for the service just so I could few anything other than live. Now they’ve been down for almost two full weeks and who knows what’s going on up at that property!

I am so disgusted that there seems to be no fix. 

Ldevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now updated to IOS16 and still nothing. It is almost a full two weeks with no cameras! I still have two more plus a doorbell that aren’t even installed yet. I’m not going to even bother with them when the three working camera no longer work. So much for Arlo screwing up my security. Who knows what’s going on at the property that is hours away from me.  I see some addresses on the pro 2 issues but no one seems to have an answer for the Pro 4’s being offline for no apparent reason. 3 weeks after I pay for the cloud service they are no longer working so what am I paying for? I certainly don’t see anyone from Arlo offering  support or credit. I am very disappointed with this company and knew we should’ve went with the ring cameras since I had never heard of Arlo. I was encouraged when I started seeing commercials but now I’m just disgusted. 

Xmastree
Guide
Guide

Once again, I deleted all my cameras from the base then reset the base. I added back the cameras in the order I want them (since I was told to try that).  The mode is back and I can arm them. I’ll let you know how long they work 

Gio9929
Aspirant
Aspirant

I factory reset my base station and Was able to add it back to my devices and then I was able to add all my cameras back manually one by one. Now everything is working good luck everyone else!

Arlouser_9
Initiate
Initiate

Are these ISSUES even being looked at? Someone needs to let us know daily what is going on!  We have invested a lot of $$$$ (over a thousand dollars) into Arlo products. We have 9 cameras, now only 4 works! What’s going on? If Arlo is not going to do anything about it, maybe we should let the BBB know.  We have placed our security in your hands. We thought by purchasing these Arlo products, that would mean something to Arlo, the company. 

I emailed alerts@arlo.com and Arlo supports, but have NOT HEARD A REPLY YET, crickets!!! Do we have to have a paid subscription to be heard? Why is Arlo’s customer service forgetting the customer, who keeps the Arlo employees employed. Do you not care, once we purchase the product, too bad for you? That’s how I feel!

Here are my problems:

No notifications being sent, no recording being made, doesn’t recognize me as a administrator, can’t reorder my cameras, tried to add a new camera device and it can’t find hub (my network connection is solid).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlouser_9,

There was an issue some users experienced with re-ordering cameras that caused base station to be removed. You can read about the issue here: https://status.arlo.com/

Consider factory resetting your base station using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

After the reset is complete try adding the base station back to your account and then resync cameras.

JamesC

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Hi guys,

I followed the factory reset option, but since per my app, mode tab was empty did not have the base station on my app, I didn’t have to remove it. Process was real easy, but the physical work of removing all cameras and bring them near base station to re sync and reinstall was pain in the neck!

MY ADVISE to old system users:

Plan on replacing your security cameras with a reliable brand like RING, NEST, and others. With my experience, Ring has 24/7 phone support. I rated them a ️ Provider

Take advantage of Cyber Monday low prices, invest in a good product and get over Arlo. Arlo support is zero
my system is up and running again until they come up with another chaos. 
Regards

FMJTJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this is exactly what happened to us. The devices are expensive and the cloud storage plan they offer with the 4 camera system costs more than buying fully monitored security systems. Extremely disappointed in this product. Basically the system is worthless if you don't buy their overpriced storage plans. We are taking these back to Costco. Tons of choices out there with better customer service.

FMJTJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not a solution. Basically your product will not work unless people buy your overpriced storage plans. The app and the recordings stop functioning after the free trial. Customer support is non existent and only if you pay.  Unacceptable, too many better choices available. I'm telling everyone I know to stay away from this inferior and expensive product.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Hello Arlo disappointed member,

The very main issue here is the SUPPORT…. Arlo knew this was their own created issue and yet did not move a finger to help their customer. We kind of helped each other to find a solution. Most security cameras more or less do the same thing. It’s the support that makes the difference! I have a 3 years old Ring doorbell and their support is amazingly 24/7. 2 weeks ago I noticed my doorbell is offline and I was unable to reboot it. Called their support line in the middle of the night and within minutes they helped to bring it online. I only have a doorbell from Ring. Thanx giving is coming and so does Cyber Monday. Going to invest in Ring security cameras which goes on sale one day only!

Regards

Discussion stats