Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Unclevacho
Star
Star

I purchased a 6 camera Arlo Pro2 camera system thinking that the clouds storage and app function is free. All of a sudden my cameras suspiciously went offline and the ‘mode’ from the mobile app goes blank and after resetting the base station none of the cameras work. Arlo suggests I purchase a plan. WHY? This was supposed to be free. I assume Arlo deliberately did this to force customers to purchase a plan. They don’t even support by phone. THIS IS ILLEGAL. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlouser_9,

There was an issue some users experienced with re-ordering cameras that caused base station to be removed. You can read about the issue here: https://status.arlo.com/

Consider factory resetting your base station using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

After the reset is complete try adding the base station back to your account and then resync cameras.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix for this issue has been implemented. This will allow users to safely use the device order feature without resulting in any issues.

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue with VMB4000 and VMB4500 base stations being removed when adjusting device order within Arlo account settings. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are working on a resolution.

For additional updates on status, please refer to status.arlo.com

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

44 REPLIES 44
Dannybear
Master
Master

The subscription plan entitles you to obtain person support from arlo for legacy cameras.

Support from the forum community is free if we’re able to help.

If you provide further details on your system model numbers and what you have tried so far then we maybe able to assist.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

I have a 6 cam system. 2 hardwired and 4 battery and solar powered. This morning I noticed all 4 batt cameras offline. Removed all cameras, reseated and charged all batteries, power cycled the base station, all cameras came online and worked perfectly. Since one cam was showing motion where there was no motion, I power cycled the base station again. After that all cameras came online, but none record motion. Motion test shows cam detects motion. tapped on “Mode” tab to check arm/disarm on my mobile app, I comes blank. Arlo chat forces me to buy a plan in order to give me assistance. I had this service for free and wish to keep it. I don’t wish to pay otherwise I’d buy a different system. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

I believe arlo is investigating a number of reports of mode operational issues from customers post Base station firmware updates.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Schedule-suddenly-broken/m-p/1878245/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9... 

This is in addition to prior failures of the arlo web portal app.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

At this time all my 6 cameras are useless. Regardless of the “Mode” tab, why did the recordings stop working. If this was as a result of a firmware update, it should be a very easy task to step back to the old version and not to force customers to purchase an unwanted subscription in order to support your product. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

No, I agree it is not arlo’s finest customer support approach. It fell apart during the start of the pandemic although it could also have been a conclusion of help desk contracts.

i am just another customer myself but  troll the forum to keep updated on potential issues that may explain my own system issues. 

I help out along long the way where I see others struggling to get these thing to keep working.

Ldevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last time cameras were online was 9/13. All three cameras have been offline for days now and have tried every suggestion in past discussions. I do not see any current complaints. Hub is blue, internet is working, nothing has been changed for them to have gone off, unplugged for 15 mins etc.   I am not always at the location which is why it is important for these to work. Spent over $1000 on cameras (2 not even set up yet) that are useless to me now. Any one have a fix?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ldevo wrote:

Last time cameras were online was 9/13.

Are you checking in a browser (my.arlo.com) or the app? 

If the app, which version of iOS or Android are you using? 

Ldevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using the app on an iPhone iOS 15.6.1. Just did that update about two weeks ago and cameras had been working. Tried going thru browser to myarlo.com but everytime I hit view camera it keeps taking me back to log in so I can’t even look at them there. 

bluechipjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I turn all the cameras on. Log out. Log back in and they all read off line. 

I have restarted the base station and all the batteries are fully charged. 

Thank you

FPS
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been occurring for the past three weeks. I turn each of the cameras on; leave the house for hours or days; upon return I go to the Arlo web application, look at "devices" and all the cameras show they are "off". However, everyone of them is recording motion. I have to click the setting to show they are "on" and then click the setting back to "off" to get them to stop recording. They are not displaying their true status when they are on.

This is occurring on Microsoft Windows 11, web browser Firefox, latest version of Arlo updates for Arlo Pro 2. Set of 4 cameras; upon opening the app and looking at the "devices" setting.

Unclevacho
Star
Star

(((((( URGENT ))))))))

How long before someone addresses this issue. All my 6 Arlo pro2 cameras are NOT recording. I can livestream, but looks cloud is not engaged. Regardless of the disappearance of the “mode” tab, I’m unable to ARM the cameras. BYW, now that you guys admitted that there’s a real serious problem on your end, why don’t you give phone support to your customers who don’t have a subscription. I bought a RING doorbell/camera and after 3 years I still get phone support 24/7. Is Arlo forcing non subscribers to subscribe in order to get phone support?

this is the 3rd day of the chaos you created for your users! 

You need to address this now!

Gio9929
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact issue with my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Right now the onlu things that work are 2 different doorbells I have that are still in their free subscription phase. Alro needs to Fix this NOW!

Unclevacho
Star
Star

((DAY 4 ARLO NOT WORKING)))

Today is Sunday, day 4 of Arlo not working for most users. Does anyone working to solve this issue? This is a security camera issue for God sake. Or Arlo techs are taking the weekend off! Why there’s not an update? Why don’t Arlo setup a phone number to answer customers? I need someone at Arlo to escalate and get answers NOW…!

Wrathchild
Guide
Guide

I wish they would at least push a temporary emergency update that reverts back to the old firmware. I have no idea what this new version fixed or improved but I would take the step back if it meant my security system functioned again. 

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Hi Wrathchild (Aspirant),

most users like myself have purchased Arlo cam package because the minimum and basic cloud service was free with purchase. It was free and functional until 9/15/22. This FW update has removed all the rights for free cloud service users and has disarmed the system. Last time I had a chat with them they forced me subscribe to a plan in order to assist me. I have no doubt this was totally intentional. They could’ve done this in more civilian way. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Unclevacho wrote:

This FW update has removed all the rights for free cloud service users and has disarmed the system.

Actually they messed up a bunch of features for everyone (whether on a subscription or not).  Users of the free cloud service were not targetted.

Hopefully Arlo will get this all resolved quickly.

Gio9929
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its Monday Morning the 19 Sep and my Base station is still down. My business relies on these cameras. Lets hope the SW engineers just took the weekend off and they will hop on the fix first thing today! COME ON GUYS!

Unclevacho
Star
Star

It’s been 4 days that all my 6 Arlo Pro2 cameras are not recording, unable to see base station on the mobile app to arm and ‘Mode’ is totally blank. I’ve been using basic free plan that was offered at the time of 6 camera package purchase from Best Buy. Need an answer NOW. I’ve been putting messages on this board and NOBODY from Arlo has given a positive answer. What kind of security company is this!

Need an answer now…

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated to the development team and these reports are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

JamesC

Gio9929
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station is not listed in the settings>my devices tab. Therefor there is no way for us users to do a manual update. Can you advise on when the next update will be available with a patch or another manual way to update/roll back our firmware.

As of today all cameras connected to the hub are still down. Sep 20 2022

Xmastree
Guide
Guide

Yesterday when I woke up, my cameras didnt work NEITHER did the Mode tab (it was completely blank).

After deleting all the cameras and doing a hard reset, the Mode tab appeared.

HOWEVER. I woke up today, and the cameras work but the Mode tab disappeared again.

I added an indoor/outdoor Essential camera to my base station with two Pro 2 cameras because we had a potential break in over the weekend. Now, when we seriously need them to work, I cannot arm the cameras???

This is a joke, and can directly affect someone's safety. 

Tinalou
Aspirant
Aspirant

For 4 days now, none of my arlo cameras are recording and the “mode” tab  is blank not allowing choice to “record” or “stop recording”. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AS I HAVE A HOUSE THAT IT IS MONITORING AND PAY FOR INTERNET JUST TO USE THESE AND NOT WORKING AT ALL!!

JasonCCC
Star
Star

DO NOT try and reorder the cameras.  If you do you lose your base stations.

After not having anything for a few days I am fully working by resetting all my bases and readding each camera in the order I want them so I do not have to reorder them.

The first time I readded them all and reset up each camera setting and each custom mode I then tried to reorder them (not knowing that is what breaks it).  Learn from my mistake.  Until they fix this mess they created DO NOT REORDER YOUR DEVICES ANYONE!

Unclevacho
Star
Star

Thank you for your info JasonCCC. 

So, to be clear, it’s been 6 days since Arlo created this mess and as far as I can tell has not moved a finger to fix it. All we hear is that “developers are working on this”. A lot is at stake here. Everyone has a reason for their safety and security to use these cameras. I don’t think these are for fun. 
I monitor my property and safety of couple of elderlies. 
some have warehouses, shops and other businesses. 
NEED AN ANSWER FROM ARLO… Where is Arlo anyway? All I see is users replying with their experiments, which is great 👍   🙏
      WHERE IS ARLO???

Discussion stats