Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 system problem

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mtruncale
Follower
Follower

We’ve had issues with the Pro 2.
We had the Pro (4 cameras) for about 14 months and didn’t have any issues. Then the Pro 2 came out and we needed a 5th camera anyway and since it was advertised to work with the same base and be compatible, plus I liked the 1080p. But... as soon as I set up the Pro 2 on the same base that we have the 4 Pro’s we started having issues. The issues are that the Pro 2 “sometimes” works and “sometimes” doesn’t. I was about to return it but called support and they said to remove all cameras and re-“pair” them all and it should work. I did that and it seemed to be a little better but it wasn’t. Still has issues where you can be standing in front of the camera waving your arms frantically and it doesn’t record you at all, then at night it captures a cat walking slowly across the driveway. I don’t know if anyone else have mixed systems (Pro and Pro 2) on the same base but for us it has been a nightmare. Also amazon return window passed so I cannot return the Pro 2 so we’re stuck with it. I had one thought, if I got a second base and only pair the Pro 2 to that I wonder if it would work. Anyone else have that issue?

1 REPLY 1
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

If I have issues with any device I do a hard reset. In your case I would remove all devices from your account including the Base Station. I would then Hard Reset the Base Station. Once you have 2 green Lights on the base station indicating it is powered up and has an internet connection I would then open up the Arlo app or go to the web site and login. Next Add the Base Station and once that is done add the cameras. If the above does not resolve the issue I would contact support.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation