Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 sometimes not recording event. Also have Ring doorbell. Possible interference?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JBrdh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my cameras for a year now and have worked fine. I recently added a Ring doorbell to the front porch and plan to move the Arlo camera from the porch to another area of the house. On at least 2 occasions neither the Ring nor the Arlo camera picked up motion on the porch when I know someone was there. Once was UPS and another was me leaving the house. Any idea what could be going on since neither device was capturing at these times? Wondering if it is a signal with the WIFI or the apps. Could they be interfering with each other? It has only happened a few times that I am aware of. Typically no problem capturing the large vehicles on the road or people on the porch.  Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WiFi interference is certainly a possibility but that decreases with distance between devices.  It's also possible that the exact motion made it difficult for the various sensors to detect motion. Increasing sensitivity in your modes and rules may help.

JBrdh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I adjusted from 80 to 100 for the Arlo and increased the range for the Ring slightly. The Ring already picks up cars on the road so didn’t want to increase too much. Hopefully that works. It is intermittent that neither captures video. Seems connected since either both do or don’t record. Never had where one did and the other did not. They are only separated by a door frame so maybe they are affecting each other. Thanks for the advice.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation