Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TigerP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras, and 2 solar panels also. The panels are not charging the camera's in the day. I can't find anything i'm doing wrong in the instructions. The panels are in direct sunlite also. Any ideas will help for sure.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the battery ICON show...?

When charging it should be a battery ( hollow ) and lightining bolt   ... turns black when full charged.

Also what is the temp there..the battery will not charge if colder than 32F.

From the tests I've done, the Solar will charge in good sun ( about 3+ hours before peak noon till 3 hrs after ). Other times it may show charging but current levels are realy to low to help.

BTW... depending on usage, the solar panels can not supply enough power to keep a heavy use cam battery up... but if in spec use and full sun it usu takes a few days+ to fully charge...at least check the % of battery to see whats happening

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TigerP
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery id showing black, fully charged. So i'll keep cheecking to see if the solar panel charges once the battery starts to drain. Thanks for the info.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the icon is black but no lightning bolt in the icon, it's not charging. A fully charged battery with a power source (solar panel or AC charger) that's functioning will show black with a lightning bolt. This would eem to imply tha either the panel isn't connected or doesn't have enough light on it to create a charging current.

TigerP
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery is showing white, with a lightning bolt going thru it, which i take as the panel is charging it. When I checked it earlier and the battery was at 56%. The camera is disarmed also. I just checked it, and the battery is now down to 51%. This just doesn't make sense to me. ideas??

TigerP
Aspirant
Aspirant

So within the past hour or so, the battery has dropped to 47%. Not too happy after spending almost $600 for everything and still having problems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

White with bolt does mean charging but there's no indication of how much it's charging - probably just enough to turn on the charging indication.

If you're live viewing and recording, the battery can drop rapidly. In that time you were monitoring the battery, how many total minutes of those have you done? Don't forget that <5 minutes per day total is what's defined for spec battery life.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation