Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
EvaMac
Follower
Follower

When I click on a specific video in the library, the video that plays is from a different time, in some cases from another date.  This has always worked fine until a few weeks ago.  I assume some software or firmware update is causing this glitch, but it needs to be fixed.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

Steve_K
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem as well and it started a few weeks ago for me. The recording time is written as 2 hours faster than the actual time. My app version is 3.5.3_28390 with the release date written as 08/06/21. I deleted the app and reinstalled it to see if the problem could be fixed but it is still 2 hours faster. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve_K wrote:

The recording time is written as 2 hours faster than the actual time. 

"Faster" can't be right.  Do you mean later?  Or do you mean earlier?

Is the issue simply that the recording time shown in the app is incorrect?  @EvaMac 's post had me thinking that the problem was that the app wasn't playing the recording they selected, which would be a very different problem.

Does my.arlo.com have the same incorrect time?

What time zone is the base configured to use?

Dbc516
Star
Star

Same issue, difficult to describe. Looked back and has been occurring as far back as library recordings are available. Example, on 8/21 at 4:59, 5:00, 5:01 and 5:11 am back camera captured recordings of dog doing business and those thumbnails are in library.  Click on 4:59 am thumbnail and get correct video.  Click on 5:00 am, 5:01 or 5:11 am thumbnails and each opens the 4:59 am video. The day goes on,  thumbnails do not open correct video.  At 4:55 pm another thumbnail shows car leaving driveway but click on thumbnail opens the 4:59 am video. At 6:24 pm thumbnail shows car returning in driveway and opens correctly as expected. Six more thumbnails from 9:13-9:15 pm all open the 4:59   am video.

This is just one example, the same type of issue occurs each and every day of library recordings. And to confuse matters even more, the first time I clicked on the 9:13 pm thumbnail it was correct video, the next 10 times I clicked on the same 9:13 pm thumbnail it opens the 4:59 am video.  

My sister who also has 5 cameras on her property is experiencing the same issue.  I assume it is a software issue.  We are using current iOS and current Arlo software.  Any thoughts or ideas on what is happening or what can be done on our end to correct this issue. Have already tried reinstalling app and restarting base station. 

Dbc516
Star
Star

Update or additional info - when iPad is in landscape mode, I cannot see the date / time stamp, but the thumbnail matches the video.  Turn the iPad to portrait made and the issue described in length previously occurs.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? Also, which device & version of iOS is this issue occurring on?

Dbc516
Star
Star

Spent a bit of time with this issue and find that the issue occurs on my iPad and at least 3 other iPads, but does not appear to occur on iPhones. I am using an iPad Pro and an iPhone XS both on 14.7.1 using Arlo 3.5.1(2955).  

From the iPad Arlo library, when using the device in portrait mode the issue (thumbnail selection results in wrong video playback) occurs; when in landscape mode the issue does not occur.  The iPhone does not appear to have a landscape mode. I was very confused by the issue when it was first brought to my attention by a question from my sister.  She was experiencing the issue on her iPad but her husband was not experiencing it on his iPad. After having her reboot iPad, delete and reinstall Arlo app, etc. I started testing it on my iPad and did not even think about the fact that I kept rotating my iPad in order to see the time stamp (which is not visible on iPad playing Arlo video when in landscape mode).  When I showed the issue to my husband he said it was not occurring on his, and it wasn’t.  It just took us several minutes to realize he, and my sister’s husband, were only viewing the videos in landscape mode while my sister and I were both mostly trying unsuccessfully to view videos in portrait mode.  

I honestly have no idea when this started, I do not believe it has always been this way, but very likely it has been this way since the last Arlo app update or longer. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dbc516

Can you remove and reinstall the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 3.5.4 and try again. 

Thanks

Dbc516
Star
Star

The issue appears to be resolved in 3.5.4(2966).  Thank you. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation