Arlo Pro 2 saves recordings but other cameras do not

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TimothyJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very disappointed with lack of customer support!  Contacted Arlo but they want a credit card to answer a question.  Have two Arlo 2 Pro cameras from a few years ago, added one Ultra 2 camera recently along with an Essential wireless doorbell.  Confused about the new camera subscriptions and saving a history of recordings as my other cameras.  Also doorbell video works but no saved history.  I am VERY frustrated.  Ready to throw them out and buy a different brand!  Need help!!  Timothy John S.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimothyJohn wrote:

Very disappointed with lack of customer support!  Contacted Arlo but they want a credit card to answer a question.  

Then you reached a scam support site.

The only way to reach Arlo support is to use the support area in the app.

@TimothyJohn wrote:

Confused about the new camera subscriptions and saving a history of recordings as my other cameras.  

Your pro 2 cameras were sold with 7-day cloud recording included, and Arlo still honors that.

They stopped offering that on new models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).  All currently sold cameras (including the video doorbells) require a subscription to get any cloud recording.

TimothyJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do I do now since I did not sign up for the subscription?  It said I can never sign up again.  Is that true?

I never knew about the change in 2018 regarding the subscription.  I was told they still hook up to the base station as my other cameras.  I want to return them.  What good is it to have 2 cameras with the 30 days saved and two cameras that will not save anything. They are useless now!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimothyJohn wrote:

What do I do now since I did not sign up for the subscription?  It said I can never sign up again.  Is that true?

You can get a paid subscription, but you can't get the free trial subscription.  Pricing for Arlo Secure is here:

@TimothyJohn wrote:

I never knew about the change in 2018 regarding the subscription.  I was told they still hook up to the base station as my other cameras.  I want to return them.  What good is it to have 2 cameras with the 30 days saved and two cameras that will not save anything. They are useless now!

This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

No idea who you talked to, but the need for a subscription is on the packaging.   That said, it's not as prominent as I would like.  The change was well publicized at the time.  You'd need to contact the store to see if you can return them.

FWIW, the Pro 2 has 7 days of free storage, not 30.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation