Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dorioo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The push to talk feature does not work properly when using the app on the Google Pixel 3 XL. It does work on my wife's Google Pixel (first generation). Basically, it might work the first time but, by the 3rd message, the audio becomes garbled or never transmits. Using the push to talk on my wife's phone works without issue. 

1. My phone (doesn't work properly): 

Phone: Google Pixel 3 XL

Arlo App Version: 2.7.2_25500

2. Her Phone (works properly):

Phone: Google Pixel

Arlo App Version: 2.7.2_25500

3. Arlo Base Station

HW Version: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

4. Arlo Pro 2 Cameras

HW Version: H3

Firmware: 1.125.11.4_29092

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dorioo
Aspirant
Aspirant
After experimenting some more, I think it's working. The "issue", I think, is that I have to hold the microphone right up to my mouth for it to work. On my wife's phone, i'm able to just speak to it from a distance and have it work. Maybe it's some noise cancellation that Google is doing on my phone that warps it from a distance. Regardless, it seems to be working on my phone when I hold the microphone right up to my lips. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dorioo

Have you tried to remove & reinstall the Arlo Mobile App on your phone & test again? Does this occur over WIFI or Mobile Data?

dorioo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I previously reinstalled the app and did the same just now before testing the different connections. 

On my phone, it breaks over both a wifi and a mobile data connection. 

On my wife's phone, it works over both a wifi and a mobile data connection. 

dorioo
Aspirant
Aspirant
After experimenting some more, I think it's working. The "issue", I think, is that I have to hold the microphone right up to my mouth for it to work. On my wife's phone, i'm able to just speak to it from a distance and have it work. Maybe it's some noise cancellation that Google is doing on my phone that warps it from a distance. Regardless, it seems to be working on my phone when I hold the microphone right up to my lips. Thank you. 
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation