Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Richardpro2
Aspirant
Aspirant
With the Arlo Pro 2 how long is the cable that comes with it. And can you buy a longer one? I understand not all the features are available unless plugged in so I want to run the pro 2 through the outside wall into an indoor power outlet.

Also the 3 second look back... is that available for free when the camera is plugged in or do you have to pay for the subscription?
17 REPLIES 17
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You would need to use the outdoor power adapter, which doesn't appear to be available at the moment. You shouldn't use the indoor power cable as the connection on the camera won't be weather-proof at all.

3 second lookback is free with indoor AC power

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

Look Back records the three seconds before motion is detected by your Arlo Pro 2 camera. To use the Look Back feature, you must be subscribed to a continuous video recording (CVR) plan and your Arlo Pro 2 camera must be plugged in.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Richardpro2,

For a feature comparison of all Arlo cameras, take a look at this website and click "compare": Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

Richardpro2,

For a feature comparison of all Arlo cameras, take a look at this website and click "compare": Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

Looks like Netgear has removed the outdoor power adapter from the accessories list of Arlo Pro. What about the units sold so far, are current owners of recently purchased adapters going to get free replacement and when will there be a product replacement available?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Paul_FCCL wrote:

JamesC wrote:

Look Back records the three seconds before motion is detected by your Arlo Pro 2 camera. To use the Look Back feature, you must be subscribed to a continuous video recording (CVR) plan and your Arlo Pro 2 camera must be plugged in.

Actually, all you need to do is use an AC power supply.  You do not need to be subscribed to CVR - in fact, that removes the pre-buffer so you must use the CVR capability to view what happened just before the recording was triggered.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

The following article indicates CVR subscription being a requirement for the look back feature. Are you seeing different behavior?

How does the Look Back feature work on my Arlo Pro 2 camera?

I've escalated this for further clarification.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The one I had powered was on CVR but is faulty. I can move another over and try it to see if it differes.

The Q removes the pre-buffer when CVR is added so I was assuming the same operation for the P2. Pre-buffering when powered should simply be standard operation, CVR or not, since it' always streaming, CVR or not.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have the Look Back 3s prebuffer without CVR

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Beginning to wonder whether it was put there (w/o CVR) by mistake? Let’s not make any more noise about it or else Netgear will remove it with next firmware update.😄

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've confirmed with engineering that the look back feature only requires the camera to be plugged in, CVR is not necessary. I've escalated this KB article for correction.

Thanks to the community for pointing out the error.

JamesC

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can Someone please explain why my look back has gone from 3 seconds to 15-sometimes even 50 seconds???
steve_t
Master Master
Master

@Jonjonajamieson wrote:
Can Someone please explain why my look back has gone from 3 seconds to 15-sometimes even 50 seconds???

It's more likely that you haven't realised what the trigger was at the 3-5 second mark of the video. Can you post the video where you think the trigger is at 50 seconds?

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. But no that’s not the case. Even audio activations for example the phone rings but the footage that captures show about 30 seconds before you finally hear the phone ringing which is what triggered the recording. Earlier today it was working fine. It’s only last two hours that every activations has about 10-50seconds of look back.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

So it's very recently. Can you post a link to your video? The links are only valid for 24h anyway so people won't be able to see them when they expire

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ll try an post a video of when nothing is on show.

Woke up this morning. And the look back has moved up to 1min50seconds!!!!

Not sure if it’s to do with the fact I pay for CVR.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonjonajamieson,

Is this occurring on every video clip or is this an intermittent issue?

JamesC

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
It seems like it’s an intermittent issue. This morning it had gone up to 2mins. Came home from work it went back to 3 seconds.

I really do think it’s due to CVR being extremely buggy.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation