Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 offline on VMB3500 Base Station. But after 5 screens, it's clear and back to normal?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hipertec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the single vmb3500 base station connected to 3 pro 2 cameras.
Sometimes when I go to the app, it will show "alro is offline" on all 3 camera screens but after 5 screens, it's clear and back to normal. Like it went into online mode. This happens sometimes when I do go on the app.
What I am afraid of is that if it's offline, the system is not recording or functioning but I don't understand why after 5-10 secs it's back on all 3 screens.
The hub and cameras are all within no more than 25ft away.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have occasional issues like this. I just quickly force close the app and reopen it. If the system is truly offline it will still be noted. Otherwise it displays normally. No idea why this happens.

Hipertec
Aspirant
Aspirant
So do you think it is still recording if there was motion during this time period?
That would just defeat the purchase if it doesn't record when it's a glitch with the app.

Also is there a place on the app or website that tells you of any status of the base or cameras?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has no effect on recording. You can uninstall it and the recordings will work fine. It's just an interface into the system, not the controller. The base has all the info needed to control the cameras. Of course, if the base is truly offline, nothing is going to work - that's why I force close and re-open to verify that the system is or is not working.

Hipertec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you- You noted " If the system is truly offline it will still be noted."

Is there a place where you can go check to see the status / records if the Arlo went offline or online?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope - all logs are available only to Arlo support. Offline will be noted in the logs but only with the message on the app or browser. BTW, I didn't say it will be noted - I said nothing is going to work. Big difference.  🙂

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation