Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 not recording to library. Live feed works with each camera.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dewmaw
Initiate
Initiate

I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras that no longer are recording to the library.  The issue began a few days ago.  The live feeds work with each camera and I didn't make any system setup changes.  Can someone offer advice on why they stopped to recording to the 7-day cloud?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried recording manually?

Have you tried restarting the base by removing power waiting a minute and then reapplying power?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried recording manually?

Have you tried restarting the base by removing power waiting a minute and then reapplying power?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also check your active mode. Maybe it somehow got switched to Disarmed.

Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar problem as the OP is having.  Nothing has changed about my setup, but I've checked to insure all is set properly.  The problem is sporadic and has been going on for a week or more.  One camera will record to the library, another one will not.  Then, the camera that had previously recorded will stop recording and the one that would not record *will* record.  

This morning I got two push notifications a minute apart at our front door, but no recordings were made.  Four hours later  my wife later opened the front door and stepped onto the porch...again a push notification and no recording.  The backdoor was opened, we received a push notification *and* it recorded to the library.

Just now I did a manual ~10 second recording of both the front and back door cameras...the back door camera recorded to the library but the front door camera did not.  I attempted another manual recording about five minutes ago at the front door and it did not record to the library. 

I also have a USB memory stick that I use for local recording.   Interesting.  The two early morning push alert recordings *were* recorded locally but not to the server/library.  The auto recording of my wife stepping onto the porch that is missing from the library *did* record to the memory stick.  The two manual recordings were not saved locally to the USB stick.

I'm not a networking genius but what this tells me is that there is a server-side problem going on.

Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried two more of my cameras (I have five cameras) with manual recording...only one recorded to the library.  Like I said, I'm not a networking genius but it certainly appears that Arlo is having a server problem that needs addressing.

Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Streak2  wins the cupid doll for today!!!  Rebooting the base unit appears to have pulled all missing videos into the library, even the ones from the wee hours of the morning!!!  My hat is off to you, @Streak2 !!!!  But, I am a little disappointed in myself for not rebooting without it being suggested to me.  After all...we live in a Windoze/iOS/Android world and how often does rebooting "fix" problems?....very often.   Thanks.  And, as I've just proved...I'm no networking genius!!!<grin>

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Arlo reports everything ok.
https://status.arlo.com/
It may just be the location of the cameras relative to the base or interferencefrom the router. Move the base as far away from the router as possible. What are the WiFi icons showing for each camera? As a test try and bring the cameras closer to the base.
Intheswamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

As mentioned above, after the reboot all is working fine now.  But, to answer your questions... 

The WiFi icons are 3-of-3 and 2-of-3 bars. 

The router/base-unit separation distance could be better.  It has been sitting only a couple of feet away from the router but has worked well.  I just moved the base unit to create about 5' distance between it and the router.    But, to get that added separation the base unit is now at a lower elevation where I feel there is more structural or appliance interference possible between it and the cameras.  The WiFi icons shows no change in signal strengths.

I'll see how this works...5' is about the best I can do...hopefully the new location will meet "wife-approval". 😉

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Ok. Well done on getting it resolved.

Sometimes even a couple of feet can make a difference if there is interference between the router and the base.

dewmaw
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you all for your assistance and advice.  I am now recording to the cloud again.  I first unplugged and plugged the base unit back in.  This did not resolve the issue.  I then inserted a USB drive into the back of the base to manually record.  This seemed to work as recordings started popping up in the library immediately.  Thank you again.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation