Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kimascue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never had the 7 day recording option since first setting this up. I thought it was me and have read some things and rebooted my base but still unable to record. Is there a trick to this? 

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

The 7 day cloud storage is part of the basic package.

You can manually record to the cloud library while you live view a camera.

If you set the record options in the current running mode your using then any motion or sound activated events get recorded to the cloud for the duration selected.

kimascue
Aspirant
Aspirant

So you have to have an activity zone for it to record?

Dannybear
Master
Master

You can create custom modes or edit default modes such as “Armed” to control what your cameras can do.

In any of those modes you can add rules for your cameras to determine what can trigger an event and what cameras are recorded, what siren is sounded and what notifications are sent.

Activity zones are used to mark out motion areas for wanted triggers.

kimascue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. My dropcam just records so I didn't realize I had to do something to trigger it as it wasn't obvious in the app. 

kimascue
Aspirant
Aspirant

It also says I have to add a CVR plan to use the timeline feature so that was another reason I thought there was an issue. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Unless you have a specific need, suggest you play with the basic features to become competent with the operation before adding subscription plans.

There are FAQs you can read as well as the technical manual on the support page.

Just be aware of what limitations are introduced when using the subscription plans.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation