Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 not engaging with Huawei router. It will not accept the factory password due to symbols.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
softdown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not engaging with Huawei B2338-168IDU router. Says my "password does not match".  Would not accept factory preset password due to symols instead of letters. My custom password would not work either. Signal strength is 6 bars. VMB3500 base station.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@softdown wrote:

Not engaging with Huawei B2338-168IDU router. Says my "password does not match".  Would not accept factory preset password due to symols instead of letters. 

The base station doesn't know or care about the router wifi password or the router admin password.

Are you trying to join the base station wifi?  That's only for the cameras, not for your PC or mobile devices.  You just connect the base station with ethernet to the router, and then follow the instructions to add it to your Arlo cloud account.

softdown
Aspirant
Aspirant

What instructions? Arlo app simply offers a choice of : Add new devices (on the left). Library (of videos on the right). I watched a decent youtube video but his base station seemed to automatically connect with his router. Think he said so. My NTGR network keeps asking for an 8 digit router number in order to connect.

You seem to be implying that I may be able to go straight to getting cameras recognized. So I will try that. Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@softdown wrote:

What instructions? Arlo app simply offers a choice of : Add new devices

That's what you do.  You can also add it from the web ui.

It will prompt you from there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation