Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base will not connect to server

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
efriskel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to setup my Arlo base (WMB3500) by connecting to my Motorola Router via a cable and followed the instructions step by step. When plugged into the router the light turns solid amber. Then I tried to reset it (as per the instruction) utilizing the reset+sync button and then again only using the reset button. I read futher that this means the base is not connecting to the Arlo Cloud Server. What can I do to try and fix this issue so I can add my base?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The reset procedure is hold in the reset for ten secs till the led flashes... then let it reboot

( the reset and sync is at least 2 yr old instructions )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
efriskel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried both. The old version first and then the new version (reset only). When I did this the top light turned green, as it was doing before and the second light turned amber (solid). In the instructions it said this means the base was not able to sync to the Arlo Cloud Server and to follow the link for additional info. No additional information was found, so i'm not sure how to fix the issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @efriskel

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

efriskel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did, but they said they've tried everything they can and now I need to contact my modem support. I think they are hoping they'll help me write a forward for the ports. However, my gaming console does not need a support forward, so I dont understand why the camera would. Less then helpful..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the ethernet LED on the LAN port of the Motorola?  Is so, was it lit?

efriskel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, both are showing amber. I've tried changing ethernets and ports. The other ethernet and ports i've tried are currently working for the ps4 and computer. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@efriskel wrote:

Yes, both are showing amber.

Amber on your router might be ok - sometimes it means that the device is using fast ethernet instead of gigabit.  I don't recall if the VMB4000 uses gigabit or not.

You might want to contact Arlo support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation