Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 multiple base stations as sirens and hidden unit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lee_T
Follower
Follower

I have purchased an Arlo Pro 2 kit with 4 cameras.  

I have a couple of concerns I can't find an precise answer to. Firstly I want to have multiple sirens, ideally with one external which I know isn't yet possible. I understand to have multiple sirens I have to use SmartThings integration or buy a seperate Base unit.  Since making the rush purchase it now looks that a seperate base unit won't trigger alarms from cameras connected to the other unit, but this is only confirmed in old threads, is this correct? 

I also want to have the main unit hidden with a drive connected for local storage as during a recent burgalry they smashed all my cameras with sirens built in, which meant the majority of video was lost prior to it being uploaded to the cloud. Can rules be set so only selected base units sirens are activated distracting interest from the main unit?

Finally with this scenario which direction would you recomend, additional base units or SmartThings integration?

TIA

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recent changes allow you to use cameras/features from other bases, including the siren. You would need to create modes and rules for your setup and then use the Add Device selection in any rule to add the siren capability. That would also answer your second question.

I would try the second base first to see if the setup is adequate. You could always return the base to the store for credit.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recent changes allow you to use cameras/features from other bases, including the siren. You would need to create modes and rules for your setup and then use the Add Device selection in any rule to add the siren capability. That would also answer your second question.

I would try the second base first to see if the setup is adequate. You could always return the base to the store for credit.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation