Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 landscape not working properly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LynnM
Initiate
Initiate

The panoramic feature is now missing on the "library" recorded video clips. Works on the live video. Also noticed that when I click on 1 cameras video library, ALL 6 camera videos appear. Cameras being offline at the most inopportune times. The panoramic feature is extremely important. We had a vandal and the panoramic view helped clearly identify the person. Seems everything worked perfectly until the update. I seriously thought I was being hacked until seeing the same complaints here. Sadly, I am also seeing that nothing is being done. The product was perfect... we encouraged shoppers at Best Buy to purchase the Arlo product. Please fix this.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LynnM wrote:
The panoramic feature is now missing on the "library" recorded video clips.

It sounds like you are saying that the app won't display the video full screen when you rotate the phone.  It should do that of course - what phone are you using, and what version of iOS/Android?

This is a playback issue, so you can still see the video full screen if that is needed.  For instance, you can download it (perhaps to a PC).

LynnM
Initiate
Initiate

@StephenB My android phone is a Samsung Galaxy 7. Everything worked perfectly after I installed the new app. Then the update on 12/24/19 seems to have disrupted a few features.
As I said earlier, I have no panoramic feature other than when I use the live view..The arrows that I could tap on to turn the video to panoramic are missing. The library shows all the videos, from all the cameras as if it were in the timeline feature. I can no longer view just 1 cameras videos. As I said, I downloaded the new app, as instructed, it worked fine. The update on 12/24 is when things changed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

RichR
Star
Star

For some reason, the library playback was changed and features like the Fullscreen icon were removed. When you tap to play a clip, it just switches to that video's page in portrait mode. If your phone is not in 'auto-rotate' mode than it's impossible to view the clip fullscreen unless you press the 'Rotate' icon at the bottom when/if it shows up. After that, you need to find a way to pull up the bottom bar and tap on the 'Rotate' icon or the 'Back' one. Furthermore, they removed the timestamp from the video in fullscreen mode, so you have no idea when they were recorded unless you go back to portrait mode. Completely ridiculous change.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation