Arlo Pro 2 issues
Where do I start with these cameras / system.
I'm in the UK, and purchased a 4 camera system just a little over 6 weeks ago. I have not spoken to tech support about any issues yet, however extensive reading on these and other forums leads me to believe I am not alone.
My internet connection in my opinion is fine, I have great fiber upload and download speeds, with low latency.
My cameras are all powered from the mains chargers.
To see if it helps, I set my base station to reboot everyday with my home automation system.
My base station to camera signal is good
I have unpaired and re-paired the cameras numerous times along my tests.
Latest firmware on base.
1) I trialled the CVR for 1 camera. The timeline is out of sync, plus I get periods of small gaps in the timeline when nothing has been recorded.
2) Motion detection is sometimes hit and miss. My cameras mostly do pickup movements, but sometimes I can drive past 1 camera and nothing happens. To drive past a camera, I firsly have to walk past one of them and this one triggers, again , most of the time, therefore proving something is working in the system.
3) My recording length is set to a fixed time, but this is not always adhered to. eg, sometime's my footage is only 20 seconds when my duration is set to 90 seconds.
4) CVR footage which shows as a blank, can sometimes be viewed if I start playing the video just before there is a blank in the timeline. Sometimes the blank timeline may be several mintutes in length , but only a few seconds may not be recorded. Simply the thumbnail is not there and I cant search ( play ) directly on the blank timeline.
5) Vieod : Audio , footage without audio recorded at times, and vice versa ( still video ).
6) Motion detected recoreded video: When viewing the recorded footage, it starts playing and sometimes the frame just stops but the audio continues. Somepart through playback, video does resume but there are gaps from the stopped frame to the resumed part.
7) Impact when multiple triggers occur : When I pass my first camera, and turn the corner, I trigger my second camera. Its almost like the camera cant cope with too much going on. ( dont blame my internet connection )
8) Choppy video playback on some recordings, like the framerate has dropped some frames.
9) Audio sometimes has choppy playback. Typical bad signal stutter.
10) Base station offline. All 3 LED's on the base are on, and the internet LED is blinking randomly as per normal. I have to reboot the base to bring it back up. Has occured 3 times since purchase, with my on eyes seeing it. May have occured at other times.
11) Timezone changing ( hopefully the latest firmware has resolved this )
I've probably missed a couple of other issues, however I dont understand how the product can be so flaky.
I know that I am not alone, and alough the list above looks like a big moan, some of these issues have appeared on this forum by others many months ago.
Now in the most sense, I quite like the system, but the above issues make the experience just plain bad.
The recent firmware upates, have not changed any of the above, apart from (11) so far.....
I would be interested to hear directly from Arlo as to what is going on.