Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Gadget35
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 2 keps going offline about 2-3 days after external power supply is attached. The cam is still powered but not online. I remove the battery and put back in and camera connects online for about another 2-3 days. If i disconnect external power supply its stays online. I returend cam to Best Buy thinking its defective and purchased a new on with the same reults of cam going offline with external power attached. So disappointed in new Arlo Pro 2 1080 my older Arlo Pros 720 have external power supply attached with no porblems can a rep please advise whats going on here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gadget35,

The cable could be causing an issue as it is not the original cable supplied with the camera. Test again using the original cable to see if you experience the same results.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange. I wonder if the power supply / cable is causing some sort of interference. Have you tried moving this camera to the position of another camera that has no problem?

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are you using the power supply cord that came with the camera or another brand that is not Netgear?

Gadget35
Aspirant
Aspirant

No i did not but it works fine on just the battery at same location and wire is still there just not plugged in. I am using a weatherproof 16ft cable compatible with Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 by Wasserstein.

steve_t wrote:

Strange. I wonder if the power supply / cable is causing some sort of interference. Have you tried moving this camera to the position of another camera that has no problem?

Gadget35
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a I am using a weatherproof 16ft cable compatible with Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 by Wasserstein. And i plug that cable into Arlo power supply that came with it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gadget35,

The cable could be causing an issue as it is not the original cable supplied with the camera. Test again using the original cable to see if you experience the same results.

JamesC

Gadget35
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC the original cable is not weatherproof and strange enough Arlo does not offer a weatherproof cabble. But i am using a cable that is supposed to be capatable with Arlo 2 pro. I will try switchout when i get a chance.

JamesC wrote:

Gadget35,

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

Wasserstein is a company that is trying to capitalize on Arlo's good name by offering inferior products to undercut Arlo's price. While some customers have had success with their products there are many people that have high failure rates with Wasserstein's products. 

Arlo never recommends nor approves of items not manufactures by Arlo.

That being said Arlo is very weak in the accessories market for its products.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation