Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

In a previous post I told about my Arlo Pro 2 camera not responding to motion and not sending notifications.

I got a suggestion to turn off activity zones to see if that helped. It did and worked fine until a week ago, when it stopped working again.

I have tried to remove activity zones from the camera, done a motion detect test and seen the orange light on the camera. However no notifications of motion. 

Set up the zones again, but still no notifications.

Every time i have powered the camera off and removed the battery before restarting it. All to no avail.

What can i do now?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Onegr8dane

Have you tried to remove the camera from settings > My Devices > Re-add it and test the motion detection again?

Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

I removed the camera from the base and added it back in.

When ii run the motion detection test the camera blinks the orange LED. However afterwards there are no blinking LED, or notification to movement when the camera is placed in use.

Onegr8dane
Apprentice
Apprentice

UPDATE!

After about 30 min the camera suddenly started to report motion. Can't explain what is different, but it seems to work now.

I hope Arlo support can figure out why it is necessary to reattach the camera every few months. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation