Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera went offline and can't reconnect to base station. Tried troubleshooting steps.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HunterGeronimo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera Firmware 1.125.14.0_34_1189

Camera Hardware H6

Base Station Hardware VMB4500r2

One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras went offline and now it is not resyncing to my base station.  I tried all troubleshooting steps to include charging the battery, replacing the battery, etc.  I also removed the camera and tried to rediscover.  I read one solution about removing the base station from the app and reconfiguring the entire system which I tried but .  This particular camera will intermittently flash between blue and amber lights for a few seconds like it's trying to sync but would then go blank.  After a couple minutes, same intermittent flashing between blue and amber and so on.  I've opened a case with Arlo support (#41829584) over a week ago and the email I received said I will get a reply within 1-2 business days.  It's been over a week with no further response.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The alternating blue/amber flashing normally indicates a firmware update. However, it would seem to something else going on, perhaps a botched update. I suspect you just have to lean on the ticket - call/chat with them again as often as necessary.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HunterGeronimo,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information about your case.

HunterGeronimo
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I didn't get a reply. It's been 2 weeks since I opened the case. Issue has been escalated twice but no call back from support. Chat doesn't seem to work either.
HunterGeronimo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mistakenly hit the accept solution button. My issue is not resolved as I have not heard back from tech support since I opened my case 2 weeks ago.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

From looking at your case through our system, it looks like you spoke with the support team. If you still have any issues, please let me know.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation