Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
RFicarelli
Follower
Follower

Even though I have turned off the sound and made sure the volume is down, the camera still picks up audio. Not all the time does this happen.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn off audio detection in your modes and rules.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Turn off audio detection in your modes and rules.

Plus turn off the microphone in the camera settings.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same issue. I have turned off EVERYTHING RELATED TO AUDIO, everywhere! I still get audio alerts all the time on windy days when the wind blows across the camera. I assume this is what causes it as it only happens on windy days and on cameras exposed to open winds. But switching all the audio off should prevent this....but it does not. Yet another Arlo flaw.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you've turned off audio detection in your modes and rules, remove the camera and resync it.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
How many times? It’s Arlo. I do that on a regular basis. That’s what Arlo customers do weekly when the cameras disconnected themselves!
No, it’s yet another flaw in the software.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you say so. My system is working without the need to do this. That implies something about your installation/envirment or possible faulty equipment. Some folks have gone long periods of time fighting problems that have been resolved by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and getting a faulty piece of hardware replaced.

We can't troubleshoot hardware problems through these forums.

hileywoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 2.16

Hi, audio off but still picking up bird noises. Why 

hileywoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Picking up bird noises. Only have motion rule on no audio on anywhere.

email on and getting to many audio responses 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation