Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had an Arlo Pro2 camera for several years, and it was possible to adjust the camera sensitivity in the app in the app under device video settings. Now, suddenly, the sensitivity settings are gone, and the unit is going off constantly from passing cars and such. Why is this setting gone?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Third reset is the charm. All up and running again , with sensitivity settings.

So that's the definition of crazy, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But, as always, with the Arlo that's what happens.

Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a motion detector test utility in the camera settings page for checking sensor operation. Look in device utilities. This is for defining what value to use when adjusting the camera rules that trigger events. Look in mode page for details.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them
risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

The motion detector test is no longer present in the camera settings page. And the armed mode setting does not offer any motion sensitivity settings, nor does it offer rules. The timed mode setting only offers timed segments, no rules are offered. I feel like all these settings were present until recently, and I used them, and now they are gone- both on the web site and in the app.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Does suggest that the base station account settings have been corrupted.

You can try power cycling the base station to start with, then progress to pulling the battery of the camera for 10sec to reset it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@risajohnson wrote:

The motion detector test is no longer present in the camera settings page. And the armed mode setting does not offer any motion sensitivity settings, nor does it offer rules. The timed mode setting only offers timed segments, no rules are offered. I feel like all these settings were present until recently, and I used them, and now they are gone- both on the web site and in the app.

Can you post a screen shot or two?  Also, are you using the primary account or a "friend" account?

risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, and thank you again.

I am using the primary account. I power cycled the base station and the camera multiple times- no dice. Then I did a hard reset on the base station. It found the base station, but continuously says the base station is offline, even though the two lights are on. Can't find the camera again because the base is offline. Wondering if the ethernet connection on the base station is hosed (but then, how was it found in the first place?) Attached are some grabs, not much to see at the moment: 

Arlo1.JPGArlo2.JPGArlo3.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you did the hardware reset which also requires that you remove the base from your account in Settings, My Devices before it can be claimed again.

risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, removed the base from settings and did another factory reset. Now it won't find any devices whatsoever 😕

risajohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Third reset is the charm. All up and running again , with sensitivity settings.

So that's the definition of crazy, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But, as always, with the Arlo that's what happens.

Thanks for all your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation