Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cables

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
6-6
Follower
Follower

I'm looking for 25 foot cables to plug in my Arlo 2 pro cameras and cannot find them anywhere!!

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@6-6 wrote:

I'm looking for 25 foot cables to plug in my Arlo 2 pro cameras and cannot find them anywhere!!

Have you looked at third party brands? Non Arlo?

Perhaps they don't exist. There are limits to cable lengths before the laws of physics start to intervene.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
xuville
Aspirant
Aspirant

USB 2.0 has a limit of 16ft. However you can break the limit by using an extension cable with active repeater. You can find them at Jeff Bezo's online storefront.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@xuville wrote:

USB 2.0 has a limit of 16ft. However you can break the limit by using an extension cable with active repeater. You can find them at Jeff Bezo's online storefront.

Is that for signal? Power? Both?

There is no "signal" on the USB cable for a charger.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
xuville
Aspirant
Aspirant

USB spec is for both. For power only, you have to account for resistance of the wire. Arlo pro uses 9v quick charge. So if your wire is long enough to cause voltage to drop significantly below 9v, I'm not sure if it will charge. When I plug in my  5v/2A ipad charger to the camera, the app says it won't charge, although technically quick charge spec allows slow charge by dropping to 5v, I haven't tested that. You could certain try a smaller wire gauge but I'm not sure if anyone makes anything thicker than 24 AWG which is typical for a fast charge cable.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation