Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 blurry image. Only 5 feet away from modem and router. Not having problems on Arlo Q.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
FenderJaguarGuy
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, last night I bought my mother a box of four (4) Arlo Pro 2 1080p cameras at Best Buy. I only had time to hook up one, but the live image quality was blurry on her iPhone 7. Today, she called me and said the camera was still pixelated.

The camera is upstairs, and only about 5 feet away from the cable modem and router. I googled this, and it seems to be a widespread problem. I updated all of the firmware last night, so everything should be up to date. I will get you the exact model number as soon as I can, but she lives about 45 minutes away from me.

Personally, I own the older Arlo Q, and have never had a problem with it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as it is very frustrating to have paid all this money for a blurry image. Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera distance makes less difference the the base... how far is the base?..... if the base is to close to your router, there may be interference 

With the Pro2 cams they link only to the base unit unlike the Q

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Try moving the camera away, I think Arlo suggest a min of 10ft. It should be ok to be honest but sometimes due to the way the reception and Ariel setup is being too close to a router has a negative effect.

i can’t see it as the problem but worth doing to eliminate that as an issue.

FenderJaguarGuy
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it. It seems as if the image is much clearer now, and looks the way it normally should. On a different note, I just received a spammy looking PM about an Arlo catching tool? It has poor grammar, and looks really suspicious. Anyway, thanks again for all the suggestions.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey FenderJaguarGuy,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to receiving a "spammy looking PM".

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation