Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
rainydays51
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased my Arlo pro 2 camera system over 2.5 months ago and I have been happy with the product.  My kit came with two cameras which included the rechargable Arlo batteries and charger as well as the base station.   Just last week my batteries fianlly needed to be recharged, I felt good that I got nearly 2.5 months of battery life.  However this is where my problems begin:

I fullly charged both units and reinstalled but now im losing around 15% battery life per day.  Nothing has changed in the way my cameras are located and the base station has not moved.  Also my camera usage has not increased if anything im trying to use them less due to the battery situaion.  Also both cameras are losing power at the same rate which is strange as one gets more action then the other.  I tried switching batteries on the units but nothing changes.  These ARE ARLO rechargable batteries and Im getting frustrated.  I also read through these forums and some suggested the battery may need to be lightly pressed into place to make sure it is fully touching the contacts etc.  Nothing is working and Im dissapointed because at this rate the bateries need charging every week.....

Arlo do you have any ideas??  Thank You

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Signal quality may explain it (any recent additions or moving of 2.4GHz devices?) and/or the total number of minutes of live view and recording per day. <5 minutes per day is the spec. Do you have multiple users using the cameras?

rainydays51
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply and no nothing has changed and viewing remains very limited as im the only user and one camera sees almost no motion yet battery life is being depleted.  One camera just recorded a 11 second video since motion is turned on and battery life went from 74% down to 62%  Its frustrating as originaly the batteries lasted 2.5 months and I used the cameras a lot.  Now at this rate they will be depleted in a week to 10 days.....

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact Support at the bottom of the page and open a ticket. They'll probably work through a list of possibilities but at least if they can't figure out the issue, they could swap your batteries under warranty

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you granted access to others?  I found that some in my family been activating the cameras quite a bit, they did not appreciate that the cameras are not meant to stay on non stop while on battery power.

TomA79
Initiate
Initiate

Dear,

I had exactly the same problem and i believe i stumbled upon a very easy solution. You just need to close all your arlo apps. Make sure that your ( and your wifes...) iPhone, IPad,... everything closed (double click swipe close). Reopen the app after half a day and you will notice no more drain on the battery. (I have latest update app always and no firmware updates available)

best regards

Net2018
Initiate
Initiate

Bought 3 Pro 2 camera system in December 17.  Recharged batteries approx 4-5 times each time they seem to discharge quicker than then last - they lasted about 6 weeks initially and although nothing has changed -  they now discharge very rapidly and just this  week will 2 batteries will not accept a charge - anyone know how do I get this resolved as the system which was bought through Amazon is not even 12 months old - I am extremely disappointed particularly given new batteries are over £50 each and for that you would expect much better  longevity and performance -  had I known about poor the battery life prior I would not have purchased this system.

GREENSTEAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whilst my Arlo cameras are not pro, I suspect the battery problems that I have are similar. System is less than a yr old. Netgear unit and 4 cameras. I use arlo batteries and an arlo charger. The problem cameras see very little movement activity and are not monitored, only I access them. Using fully arlo charged

arlo batteries. No 1 camera battery runs down in a few days. No 2 camera indicates in the app 2% in a couple of hours and is then off line, however on checking the batteries with a meter they show almost fully charged, but the camera will not come on line. Putting the charged batteries back in No 2 the blue led comes on for about 2 secs....then nothing. Live chat with Arlo support does not work.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

GREENSTEAD, it sounds like the problem cameras are dropping offline and depleting their batteries trying to reconnect with the base. Can you swap these cameras with other cameras for a position where possibly the signal strength is better?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@rainydays51

Maybe your Base is acting up.. Is your Base updated? There was a recent update deployed just this past weeks.. Maybe it can help.. Do a complete reset on your system and resync all cams if you haven't done so and see if it helps.. Your Base can be a culprit too which it controls the Battery Life.. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation