Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - basic concepts

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
troels
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got my two-pack of cameras up and running. I'm struggling with some of the basic concepts and the User Manual seems to be out of date.

I have schedules set up for both cameras but can't see how to associate any rules with the schedule.  For example I can't select Schedule as the mode and also select a custom rule. How do I control what will happen during the period when the schedule arms the camera e.g. what alerts and recordings take place?

Secondly, I have set up activity zones on one of the camera (this one is powered). Again I can't see how to activate or deactivate these or associate them with rules or modes. Does any motion detection automatically use the zones I have set up? The manual says " You can also select which activity zone or zones detect motion." but does not tell me how.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
troels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay I have resolved this. I added my own rules and they appeared within the Schedule section. I had seen "Armed" in there and didn't realise more rules would apear there if I added them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Schedule mode allows you to select one of the recording modes eg Armed or a custom recording mode for certain times of the day. Definitely the best way to start is to create a custom mode and create all the rules for the cameras including adjusting motion sensitivity and recording duration (if you don't want auto).

Then schedule the mode to work in the time frame you want it to run.

Activity zones are in the specific camera's video settings menu. They aren't changeable with different modes. You can create up to 3 zones. There is no way to toggle these on or off AFAIK. When you are using motion zones, motion will need to be within one of these zones

troels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo #1.JPGArlo #2.JPG

"Definitely the best way to start is to create a custom mode and create all the rules for the cameras including adjusting motion sensitivity and recording duration (if you don't want auto).

Then schedule the mode to work in the time frame you want it to run."

Exactly what I want to do but I can't figure out how.  I can select "Schedule". Inside there all I can do is select times - no option to pick a rule associated with the arming.

I can set of my own rules. But if I click on the radio button to activate the rule(s) then it deactivates "Schedule".

See pics. Its one or the other.

What am I missing?

troels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay I have resolved this. I added my own rules and they appeared within the Schedule section. I had seen "Armed" in there and didn't realise more rules would apear there if I added them.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation