Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free cameras 2 days ago, and received them today. I noticed that the audio coming in from the camera is very quiet...I can't hardly hear if someone is speaking to me. The audio going out is just fine (at least from my PC, haven't tried on any mobile devices). The volume settings are at max, and I made sure to update everything as soon as I had it all hooked up, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Is anyone else having this problem?

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tealtiger21,

This would seem to be a volume issue with the speakers on your listening device (PC). Do you experience the same behavior from other devices or computers?

JamesC

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it's definitely not my PC. My sound is all the way up on my PC, and I also use a headset, which the volume is also all the way up, and if people talk to me through the camera it's still very quiet. I can't hardly hear them, but they can hear me just fine through my microphone on my headset. My equipment isn't the issue. I have no other problems with volume or hearing people through other programs on my PC.

mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did notice yesterday the volume of recorded audio for the Pro 2's videos seemed significantly lower than for the Pro. Will be able to do a side-by-side test later this week.

mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, the volume for the Pro 2 seems to be set way lower than the Pro for some reason. Speech test at around the 18 second mark. Both videos recorded at the same time (but started a couple of seconds apart).

Arlo Pro

Arlo Pro 2

rscott09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same low audio problem with my Arlo Pro 2.  Side by side tests with my Arlo Pro shows significant lower audio on Pro2 using the same camera settings on both cameras.

mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any acknowledgement or update for this issue? It's requiring me to push up the volume on my wireless headphones to extreme levels to hear the Pro 2's audio properly, but I inevitably forget to dial it back down once in a while, which means my ears get blasted when I go to listen to something else that has a more normal volume.

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

@mocodi wrote:

Any acknowledgement or update for this issue? It's requiring me to push up the volume on my wireless headphones to extreme levels to hear the Pro 2's audio properly, but I inevitably forget to dial it back down once in a while, which means my ears get blasted when I go to listen to something else that has a more normal volume.

Same here, and it's frustrating. I hope someone is looking into this.

At least I know the speaker part in the camera works...I used it yesterday with my headset's microphone to scare off some birds that were trying to nest above where my camera's mounted. LOL

powerful03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem also, my regular Arlo pro is significantly louder than the Arlo Pro 2.  

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same issue here and bought the arlo 2s right when they came out. If Netgear hasn't fixed this yet I doubt they can. I was hoping it was a simple software fix to the microphone gain levels but apparently not. Unfortunately it seems arlo rushed these to the market without proper testing.
Mkonec
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned my first set of pro 2 cameras and installed my second set tonight. Wow! Finally have volume! But only from 1 camera. So far, from 4 cameras, one has adequate volume. It’s not the listening device, it’s the CAMERAS!!! I can prove it and will call Netgear for the 10th time tomorrow.
powerful03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just replaced my Arlo Pro 2 through warranty and still have same issue with the new camera.  I notice a lot of people is having the same issue and netgear should know about this by now.  I hope they are working on some kind of firmware to fix this....

mocodi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@powerful03 wrote:

Just replaced my Arlo Pro 2 through warranty and still have same issue with the new camera.  I notice a lot of people is having the same issue and netgear should know about this by now.  I hope they are working on some kind of firmware to fix this....

akamhw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anybody from ARLO plan on answering the questions regarding audio on the PRO 2!!!!! Customer service not important?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation