Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tfirma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I have three wired access points around my property and get excellent WIFI signal for all of my devices (there are quite a few - sonos, nest cameras, WEMO devices).   I have FIOS, so my bandwidth is sufficient and adequate.    I added a 2nd Arlo basestation to an airport express that is wired to my barn, to have an Arlo 2 camera back there.  The other three cameras are connected to a basestation connected to another Airport router (wired) not far from the barn.   Those three cameras work just fine - but the other setup and single camera is very problematic.    Only about 1/2 of the time I pull up the cameras in the app, can I see the 4th camera.  And even then, after watching for a few seconds, it loses the connection.     Has anyone had success configuring multiple basestations / cameras for reliable operation?    I thought perhaps something was interfering with my other devices, but then can't understand why the first basestation/3 cameras work just fine.    Thanks in advance for any advice/help!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run 3 bases right now without issue.... so it's either a interference issue or just plain defect in one of the items... or even the AP.

If you are able , I might swap either camera or bases around ( one at a time ) to see if the issue follows the items or if it is location.  It will prob be a pain to narrow down what is causing the issue

Obv I'd do the camera first as that is the easiest.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run 3 bases right now without issue.... so it's either a interference issue or just plain defect in one of the items... or even the AP.

If you are able , I might swap either camera or bases around ( one at a time ) to see if the issue follows the items or if it is location.  It will prob be a pain to narrow down what is causing the issue

Obv I'd do the camera first as that is the easiest.

Morse is faster than texting!
tfirma
Aspirant
Aspirant

THanks, TomMac, really appreciate the suggestions!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation