Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GCHRM7
Guide
Guide

I purchased a brand new Arlo pro 2 setup at best buy the other day. Running the latest firmware on camera and base, connected to gigabit ethernet. I signed up for Arlo smart and the CVR plan. Over the past few days of running the CVR I've noticed its blacks out and misses about 7-10 minutes of recording roughly every 6 hours. This is happening an average of 2-3 times per day, so roughly 30 mins of the footage is missing per day. To make it better, the clips that I can see are about 15 minutes out of sync. Things that happened at 6:30 in the morning show up on the CVR around 6:45. The horrifying thing about all this is the fact this issue has been reported and been an ongoing problem for members on here since this past January. I spoke with tech support regarding my issues and they said it is a known issue and they have no fix or ETA for a fix at the moment. 

I don't understand how a company can advertise and sell a plan for $10 a month for "24/7 recording" when they know it blacks out and doesn't record 24/7 as advertised, and continue to do so for almost a year. I wouldn't care as much if this was a new issue and they were working on it. BUT judging by the posts on this forum and the fact it has been a year since people publicized they were having issues with the CVR and the issues are just as bad a year later, shows this might be a lost cause. I'm just glad I only got a 1- camera pack. 

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @GCHRM7,

Try to have your Arlo Pro 2 camera close to the base station to make sure you are not having any syncing issue and to avoid any interference or poor signal. 

GCHRM7
Guide
Guide

It's about 3 feet away from the base station (indoors).  Mostly happens when nobody is home so I can't image any interference issues. Blacked out again for 15 minutes at 9 this morning. Crazy.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this.

GCHRM7
Guide
Guide

I think its great they're investigating the issue, but they shouldn't be charging people $10 a month for a service that doesn't work.

Today's update:

I have 6 hours of missing footage from last night. I went from missing 5-10 minute clips to missing 2-6 hours at a time. The CVR subscription is garbage.

Also found out today the Arlo cant record to local USB drive while CVR is enabled. Works like a charm when CVR is turned off. I truly don't understand how or why that's even a thing.

*This is after buying 2 separate Arlo pro 2 systems to see what the problem was.*

creativecog
Initiate
Initiate
I also have missing footage on a paid CVR subscription. No footage for 24 hours yesterday & we had a incident at the front of the house. a) how do I get a refund on the missing day b) what is the use of a camera system that doesn't actually do what it says when you most need it. Just bought 2 additional cameras & light - they can go back until this is resolved & am considering switching to Nest or one of the other brands as the customer service is also non-existent.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation