Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 additional cameras with subscription or getting another base station?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
brian23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and would like to add another 5 cameras.  Considering the pros and cons of either going through subscription service or getting another base station.  I do not foresee needing to stream more than one at any given time.  I would like all cameras to be able to record and to be able to download events.  Ideally, would also like to view through one app without having to log into another.  I've read can use one account and use this to grant access to another, just want to make sure I can still download if this is he case, using for security and sometimes would like to review quickly. 

Second hub placed on another router could help expand range.  Also, wanted to know if there's less quality putting more cameras on single hub.  Thoughts on best option?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be honest, you can have another system and share cameras... but it is much easier to upgrade to a higher level which gives 10 cameras and 30 days storage... then there is no issues with multi accounts.

As to more bases.... there is no limit to the number of bases on any level account. Also it is the only real way to actually expand coverage area; there is no effect as to picture quality. 

Since 1 base can only stream 5 cameras at one time, two bases allow you to stream 10.

As an added bounus you can add more bases ( limit is the number of cameras ) and they can be at diff locations( or diff states )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Berrylane269
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm new to the system and not into tech stuff. We have a Pro 2 base and four cameras in Illinois at our home. Purchased another base and four cameras for our vacation home in Wisconsin, 200 miles away. Does it require matching the Wisconsin cameras to that base station and have two app icons on my I phone one in Illinois and the second in Wisconsin or do all eight cameras run off the app I already have? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You subscribe to the Premier plan which supports up to 10 cameras in your account or use a second email address to create a second Arlo account for the second system. In the former case, you get all 8 cameras with no twiddling necessary (you just need to use the second base in your remote home to sync the cameras to). In the latter case, you need to create a second Arlo account using a second email address to set the system up. You can then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first account's email address so all cameras will show in one login.

Berrylane269
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, great idea. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation