Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here my current home automation setup:-  FireTV stick, Arlo Pro 2 camera and the new Orbi Voice. In my current setup, I could use the Fire TV remote to stream Arlo video to my TV. So I assume I setup the Arlo skill correctly. But when I try to use Orbi voice, show {camera name} on  {TV name}, the Orbi voice say 'it can't find the device name ....' Any idea what's wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I have it setup on my TV with the Chromecast device, and using the "Google Home" system. It works well. You gotta give each camera a unique name.  I can tell it to "Show me backyard patio camera 4", and it will play.   

Is this what you mean?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Orbi or Alexa....sorry.

ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

The camera and Fire TV had unique name. Just wondering what is the magic word to tell Orbi to stream the video.

Randy_Wu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have used exactly the same setup . I changed the cameras name to front door and backyard on the arlo app . When i used the Alexa on the controller of the firetv i was able to stream the cameras . However when i used the Alexa on the orbi voice it says ' Sorry cameras don't work on this device'.
ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is working now.. I changed the name of my TV to "Monitor" and camera to "Front Door"

I tried " Show front door camera on monitor", this doesn't work.

But when I try "Show front door camera on fire TV". it works.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation