Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 VMB 4000 Batteries Fail Within Days. Firmware updated. Mode is disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jesday
Follower
Follower

Purchased Arlo Pro 2 4-wireless camera system 1 1/2 year ago and was running fine until a month ago when I brought all 4 batteries in for routine charging.  All batteries charged to 100% and set all the cameras back out.  1st day they all dropped simultaneously to 90%, 2nd day - 80%  3rd day - 60%  4th day - 10%.   Firmware is updated.  System mode disarmed.   Tried it again and the same thing happened.  What's going on?  I can't believe all 4 batteries would go bad at the same time, otherwise I would buy new batteries.  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a WiFi connection issue, possibly due to something using the 2.4GHz frequency near your base. If you bring a camera closer to the base does it still lose charge quickly? Check for something, perhaps new or moved, that uses 2.4GHz that could be causing interference. You can also try moving the base away from the router as well as rebooting the base.

You can try removing a camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing to see if that helps. WOrst case, removing all devices and starting fresh could help. You're out of warranty so a bad base would have to be purchased if that's the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation