Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 + Ubiquiti UniFi AC LR AP‘s

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dscoop
Initiate
Initiate
My lot is 2250 feet (square) with a 600 feet house. I have connected 3 x Ubiquiti UniFi AC LR AP to my router, where I have great WIFI in all corners of the house and lot.

My goal is to buy 4 camera’s with two way audio and put them outside in each corner of the lot, facing the house, so all movement around the house, will be registered.

I am considering buying 4 x Arlo Pro 2 and a VMS4230P Base Station. I dont really mind if it connect through WIFI or hardwire.

But at what I can read, then the Arlo camera’s need to connect to Arlo Base Station and can not connect to my Ubiquity AP’s? If this is true, then I am worried that range from Base Station to each camera’s will be too far away to be able to connect. What kind of Arlo camera’s would you suggest for my case?

// Dennis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dscoop
Initiate
Initiate
Thats a shame. I found what I need from TP-link, where the product KC200 fit my needs:
https://www.tp-link.com/dk/home-networking/cloud-camera/kc200/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most of the Arlo cameras need to be connected to a base unit via wifi ( cameras talk only to the base )... the base needs connection of etherent.

The only cameras from Arlo that directly connect to wifi are the Q cameras ( and Baby cam )...

but they are not weather proof.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dscoop
Initiate
Initiate
Thats a shame. I found what I need from TP-link, where the product KC200 fit my needs:
https://www.tp-link.com/dk/home-networking/cloud-camera/kc200/
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation