Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Solar panel Power issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
HermanLosangele
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

my camera seems drains battery fast! It’s only 5-7days!

And the solar panel looks like no any charge into the camera!

Please Helps.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery drain usually occurs due to excessive recording and live viewing and/or poor signal strength or quality with the connection between the base and camera. Spec battery life is for <5 minutes per day of total recording and live viewing - what have you been using? What is the signal strength shown by the WiFi indicators? What have you tried? Does this happen on all cameras? More detail is better.

HermanLosangele
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply. I have two camera at same distance from base. They recording same videos in a day. And both of them have a solar panel.

I think it’s could be the solar panel didn’t working for that battery drain very fast camera .

I will try switching both of those solar panel, and see what will happen.

It’s funny, the working solar panel is a “broken one “, I sealed it with a duct tape.

The Arlo solar panel quality is not so good.

LarryQwest
Star
Star

The Arlo Solar Panel is the worst accessory they sell. Read the reviews from any site, and you will see what I'm talking about. The fact that they haven't recalled them or released an updated version is beyond my comprehension.

Jacrew34
Aspirant
Aspirant
I couldn't agree more. And what garbage customer service. Approximately 6 weeks ago I let them know the solar panel that I had purchased stopped charging the camera. I went through all of the trouble shooting the tech wanted to do, and it was determined a replacement solar panel was in order. So get this: instead of simply sending one to me, they send you like three different emails, complete with multiple "RMA" numbers (not to be confused with the CASE NUMBER). If you miss even one of those emails (which of course, they can't tell you when they will hit your email ), the process must be started all over again, something I learned today when I called in.

It is obvious to me that the process of warranting anything at Arlo is made so arduous purposefully, in Hope's that people will just break down and buy a new one (which, of course, is exactly what I'm going to end up doing ). What a shame. Great cameras, abhorrent support.
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have 3 and all 3 keep the cam at 100 pct charged. But they are used in low traffic areas. In high traffic areas the panel won't be able to keep pace with battery drain. Try repositioning them to face south. Angle of tilt is also important. And seasonality is a factor as different times of year the sun is in a different position.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation