Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Solar panel Power issues

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dgcorner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Guys. Tried searching the community for this sort of issue... and found nothing... u less my search parameters are off...

Installed my 4-camera system yesterday and everything seemed fine till this afternoon. My external camera is powered by the solar panel.

When setting activity zones for this particular external camera I get a warning saying that the power source is unplugged but the charging icon is on. See attached screen capture.

Is this a known issue? Or do I need to reset the camera? Not a good start...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardGM
Guide
Guide

The Arlo Manual states that activity zones do not operate on the solar panel. You must plug the camera into AC power.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mrbane
Tutor
Tutor

In my case reboot resolved the power issue hopefully it works for you 

dgcorner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I will reboot the camera when I get home... Hopefully this solves the issues.
RichardGM
Guide
Guide

The Arlo Manual states that activity zones do not operate on the solar panel. You must plug the camera into AC power.

dgcorner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks... just goes to show some men dont read the instruction manual hahaha

However, one would have thought that having the solar panel to recharge the battery on a daily basis would not interfere with activity zones... after all, the sensor's range would become narrower, hence would consume less power...

Oh well... I must reset the camera then as there seems to be no way to delete the activity zone once added... (it must be in the instructions booklet lol)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panel is only a trickle charger. To use zones requires the camera to constantly stream which is why it has to be plugged into AC power.

dgcorner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for this.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation