Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

I would like to see an option for a siren from the camera speaker, with adjustable volume* and an automatic activation option (the same way push notifications and email alerts are an option).
6 REPLIES 6
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Tutor
* ie I’d select a volume where false alerts don’t bother the neighbours too much but alerts a potential intruder to the fact they have been noticed
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It doesn't deal with your suggestion for the Pro 2, but I think you will find that this is how the Ultra works, alarms are ion cameras.

And that has upset people who like to have an alarm on the base station, something they removed from the Ultra hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I know, and it would be a relatively simple software update for the Arlo Pro 2 to implement I think.

(Keeping the siren on the base station as an option of course)
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

Sorry if this has been suggested already...

I would like to see an option for a siren from the camera speaker, with adjustable volume* and an automatic activation option (the same way push notifications and email alerts are an option).

* ie I’d select a volume where false alerts don’t bother the neighbours too much but alerts a potential intruder to the fact they have been noticed
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ABrisvegas

The Arlo Ultra camera has siren capabilities if this is a feature you are interested in. I have attached a link to the camera if you would like to review it.

Arlo Ultra

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It would be nice to have the pro and pro 2 sound the siren in the cameras and have the option to turn on or off on the base or no siren on the cameras. I have the base siren off due to the fact it scares the hell out of you when it goes off even on low.

With the siren coming through the cameras doesn't have to be real loud it would let an intruder or animal know they have been detected and the animal it would probably scare them off. 

And on a plus note if the cameras sound an alarm the first thing you do is look where the sound is coming from then the intruder would look then you would get a facial recognition.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation