Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Power Supply Specs

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wleeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking to use Arlo Pro 2 cameras on my house currently under construction. I have cat 6 cable pulled to each camera location and plan on using a PoE power splitter to continously power the camera from a 802.3af PoE switch. The PoE splitter has a USB connector on it that can supply 5V 10W of power. I need to know what the electrical specs are on the power supply that shps with the Arlo Pro 2 to make sure the PoE splitter will work. Mainly the output voltage and current.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro2 cam will run on 5v supplied at aprox 1.8a (IIRC), so it shouldn't be an issue...

You can pull the battery if desired as the supplied ac adapter for the Pro2 is a qualcomm compatable dual voltage ( 5v@1.8a/9v@1.1a ) to run & charge the battery pack when in the camera... so your supply won't charge it but running is ok

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro2 cam will run on 5v supplied at aprox 1.8a (IIRC), so it shouldn't be an issue...

You can pull the battery if desired as the supplied ac adapter for the Pro2 is a qualcomm compatable dual voltage ( 5v@1.8a/9v@1.1a ) to run & charge the battery pack when in the camera... so your supply won't charge it but running is ok

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera's supply is a Qualcomm QuickCharge capable unit supplying 5v at ~2A and 9v at ~1.1A. I've been able to power the camera with just 5v (batteries may not charge).

wleeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

mattsigman
Aspirant
Aspirant

wleeb,

Did this work for you?  (I have the same situation where I want to use PoE to power the Alro Pro 2 cameras full time.). I want to make sure the cameras can utilize the full set of functionality as if they are plugged into full time power.

Did you go with the Wasswerstein PoE splitter for each camera?  Also, which cable did you use between the PoE spitter and the camera? 

Going to order as soon as I hear back assuming it worked as expected!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation