Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Poor Video (848x480)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JHG120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I just got and set up a (3) camera system, Arlo Pro 2.  My problem is two fold.

First, each camera is only running in 480p.  I have tested this by downloading a video to my phone thru the app, then looking at details, and it is recorded in 848x480 resolution.  I also have an external hard drive connected, and plugging that into my computer also shows the video as 848x480 resolution, which is horrible.

Second, no matter where I put the camera and the base, as it can be RIGHT next to the base, the wifi signal always says "poor" when you check under the camera settings.  I wonder if this is why my video is at 848x480??

I have selected the "best video" and all (3) cameras are plugged in to a/c, so are charged and on plugged in power.

I'm about to return these, because 480p quality is awful for $500.  Thanks for the help all.

James

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, check Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings, Power Management. There are 3 settings there - your's is set to Best Battery life. Each higher step increases the resolution.

JHG120
Aspirant
Aspirant

So in short that was the correct response, however......the phone app would not properly change the video settings to best video.  When I used a PC, it worked, and now all are in 1080p.

So, DO NOT USE the phone app, for some reason even if you select best video, it keeps it at best battery.

All is good, thx for the help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh - I've experienced the reverse. Find one method that works for you and keep using it. Don't even check the setting using the other method.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation