Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 No Longer Recording After Update, Help

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

Like others here I think there is big issue with the last update.

I have been using 5 Arlo pro 2 cameras on my vacation home in the USA  for the last six months without a single issue until last week.

I left the house on the 22nd and armed the cameras as normal and left for Spain where I live, since being back I haven’t had one recording or alert, nothing!

Before last week I would get the odd notification daily with a bug / bird, postman, salesman, something pretty much every day activating the cameras 

Since the 22nd I have had nothing, I connected to the cameras one day which work fine and my AC guy was parked on my drive doing a job on the external machine, had I not viewed at that time I wouldn’t have know he had been.

I have checked the firmware of all cameras and base station and they are all up to date, I’ve remotely rebooted the base station, the first time I’ve had to do this but still nothing !

Any help appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
John3485
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing the same issue. I thought it was my lack of knowledge about the system. I have always had hard-lined camera system in the past. Learning this one. I recently have been able to activate the montion detection. Any additional information would be helpful. Sorry I am not able to have an answer.

brh
Master
Master

@Duquesa

@John3485

Since there have been a lot of firmware updates in the past week or so, sometimes an upgrade will reset your settings to the factorey defaults. Double check that your settings are where you want them to be,

Brian

Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the input

I´ve checked my settings and everything is the same.

The only thing different is the firmware.

Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

I´ve started getting recordings again now after over a week of nothing.

I remotely disarmed the system and gave it 5 minutes then rebooted the base station and again waited, I then rearmed the cameras and made sure sensitivity was at 100% but again nothing for several hours.

Late yesterday a camera went off due to wind which was a great relief and not longer later we had several notofications.

I am not convinced my intervention was the reason to start working again due to the lapse in time between rebooting and it deciding to work again.

Does anyone know if updates are pushed automatically ?

Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

I´ve started getting recordings again now after over a week of nothing.

I remotely disarmed the system and gave it 5 minutes then rebooted the base station and again waited, I then rearmed the cameras and made sure sensitivity was at 100% but again nothing for several hours.

Late yesterday a camera went off due to wind which was a great relief and not longer later we had several notifications.

I am not convinced my intervention was the reason to start working again due to the lapse in time between rebooting and it deciding to work again.

Does anyone know if updates are pushed automatically ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Duquesa,

Updates do come in automatically when available. If you do see the update prompt when in settings you may start it manually.

Wetzel402
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed my cameras stopped working recently.  After some troubleshooting it appears my geofence mode no longer works.  All other modes do.  This persists regardless of app version.

Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

I know updates are sent to the cameras,the part I´m trying to figure out is do they upgrade themselves or do we have apply the update?

I´m trying to figure out if mine started working due to an update I wasn’t aware of.

brh
Master
Master

@Duquesa

Most of the time the updates are automatic unless you see banners telling you to manually update the devices.

Brian

Duquesa
Tutor
Tutor

Thank´s Brian

I think my cameras must have been updated automatically to start working again out of the blue the way they have.

I´m just relieved that they are being so far away.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation