Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Must renew EVERY MONTH - No notification about this

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

Discovered yesterday that all videos for all cameras before Oct 6 have been deleted! Called customer service twice and was given two completely different explanations. Second rep says it's because "you didn't renew your Premiere Plan monthly as of July, so they deleted your videos"? She said it's a "new policy," but Arlo failed to send out any kind of notice about this. So I lost more than 3 weeks of videos--can't get them back--and I need some. You lose, customer, so sorry.

Why must a customer renew every single month? This is insane! Why did I get two completely different explanations about why my videos were deleted?

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@operasinger wrote:

Why must a customer renew every single month? This is insane! Why did I get two completely different explanations about why my videos were deleted?

Sounds like rubbish, but what sort of subscription did you take out? Monthly? Annual?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

There was no option for an annual subscription--only monthly. Hideous for the customer to remember every month to "renew." Utter stupidity and NOT user friendly. But then, this matches their awful GUI, which is one of the worst I've ever encountered. I've been begging them for 3 years to, at the very least, provide tool tips. But they still haven't even done that.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation