Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Multiple Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Teeare1
Guide
Guide

Original purchase was made within retail warranty prior to June 2018 when we exchanged at Best Buy for new system due to extremely poor battery life and lag/delay in responding to movement while monitoring via app. The price has not decreased, so we paid roughly $450-$500. Maybe the issue is with app rather than the physical system, but the lag in recording, connectivity time, lapse in capturing all movement, flicker/glitch in audio is unacceptable for the price. My firmware is up to date, and I have experimented with all video/audio settings. Contacting customer support last year was unhelpful and the battery life is still short-lived.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Teeare1

Can you provide a bit more detail (a scenario) regarding the issues you are experiencing. What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

Also, do you experience the same issues on the web bowser vs the Arlo Mobile App?

Teeare1
Guide
Guide
My biggest complaint is the price versus performance and accessibility. To be specific in regards to my list of problems, when monitoring my grandson while napping, the sound/audio flickers/glitches the entire time I'm watching on live feed. And the lag or delay in notifying/detecting his movements are sometimes 4-5 minutes behind. We have excellent wifi and no other of our connected devices have problems functioning. Sometimes, the cameras do not detect movement at all. While I'm away from home, the app consistently states that my cameras "appear to be offline". It takes 1-2 minutes to buffer recordings in my library. And the battery life is unacceptable, even with our exchanged system. Troubleshooting methods I have tried are uninstalling/reinstalling the app, resetting the entire system, rebooting our wifi, and experimenting with laptop monitoring which presented the same problems, but with semi-reduced buffering time. The cameras are never positioned further than the suggested range/distance and are not placed in direct sunlight which I was told by Arlo agent last year, could cause battery consumption.
Teeare1
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your reply, but many customers and I have explained NUMEROUS scenarios.
It is NOT anything on the customers' end...your system needs major improvements or a recall.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation