Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Motion Sensing Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
julstepark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I have a number of cameras outside not connected to AC Power. The problem I have is that swaying leaves and moving shadows (I guess) cause motion detection hundreds of times per day. This is a real pain.! I have reduced detection sensitivity to 50% and tried to set up zones to minimise the false alarms but I believe zones will not work in battery mode. even though I can set them up in battery mode. Again - what a Pain! This is not satisfactory, so has anybody any solution please? Steve

5 REPLIES 5
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

My outside cameras are set to 70 or 80 sensitivity.  They do not alert excessively like that.  The cameras use IR detectors, so they shouldn't false alarm that much.

Make sure audio detection is OFF.

If that doesn't help, you might need to reposition the cameras to avoid reflected sunlight and whatever else might be causing the excessive detections.

julstepark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that... but I cannot find anywhere to set Audio Detection to OFF... All I can find is Microphone Volume & Speaker Volume Bars. How can I turn Audio/Sound Detetion to OFF ??

703WhoDat
Tutor
Tutor

If you subscribe to the $10 month plan, you can set zones and eliminate the leave triggers

703WhoDat
Tutor
Tutor

For audio, go into mode, click on your armed then click the pencil next to the camera you want to turn the audio off on It will be there on the iOS app

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Audio detection is on by default, so that's probably your issue.

Let us know if you turning audio detection OFF solves your issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation