Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Motion Detection Zones

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hogtide
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't I set a motion detection zone for my Arlo Pro 2 camera that's powered by a Netgear Solar Panel. I get a message saying it must be plugged in to an outlet. I live in sunny San Diego, so the camera stays at 100% charge, so why are my options limited? This is my driveway camera, so every time a car drives by I get an alert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

he zones require the camera to be streaming the whole time so it can use the zone. No way PIR detection can create the zones since it requires the camera to be alive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A small solar panel simply won't deliver the current needed to run the camera - it's essentially a trickle charger. And then there's nighttime when the solar panel isn't going to work anyways.

hogtide
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I guess I don't understand the concept. I thought by defining a motion detection range, you actually caused the camera to run LESS OFTEN. What am I missing. Like I say, my camera is at 100% all day and MAYBE drops to 98% overnight if there's a lot of activity. Right not it picks up every car that drives by. I was trying to set a motion detection range so that it would only trigger the camera if someone steps onto my property. I guess I'll try to adjust the sensitivity and handle it that way, but again, I'm just trying to understand exactly what good the motion detection zone is for.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

he zones require the camera to be streaming the whole time so it can use the zone. No way PIR detection can create the zones since it requires the camera to be alive.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation