Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Motion Detection Distance Help

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mgcaekdb
Tutor
Tutor

Since this last update, my cameras have started picking up vehicles passing by on the road at a lot farther away than 25 feet.  I have turned the sensitivity down to like 45% and it's still picking it up.  It doesn't pick up every one of them but it gets a few a day.  It's just kind of aggravating.  I bet it's at least 60 feet to the road from one of the cameras.  Anyone have any solution to this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What's the behavior like at 44% motion sensitivity? Or 43%?...

Mgcaekdb
Tutor
Tutor

I have not tried it lower.  I had concerns that it would diminish its ability to pick up anything if I went much lower.  I guess I'm wrong with that?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I just turn it down 1% each time I get an unwanted activation within 30 mins of another. It seems to work OK but if the position of the camera is such that it's triggered by cars and you turn it right down to stop getting triggered, you're right that it may be slow in detecting people. If that ends up the case, you may need to use something like Activity Zones (requires AC power) or Arlo Smart (costs money). See how you go with turning down the sensitivity first. I'm quite happy with the "sweet spot" of sensitivity I have for my cameras but still occasionally get false triggers eg when a large truck drives by or when it's especially windy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A better solution may be to rotate.relocate the camera to eliminate the street. Concentrate only on the actual area of interest.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation