Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TBB
Tutor
Tutor

I bought my Arlo Pro 2 at the end of July this year.  I have 8 cameras - 5 on one base station and 3 on anoter. The 3 are shared so they can be viewed from the  log on of the first base. Two cameras are plugged in - the others run on battery.

Everything works from my smart phone and ipad. From my PC I can't activate the "LIVE"  function. The problem started yesterday. The cameras still function and I can view any new recordings.

When I log on, either account, the "LIVE" icon shows but disappears after 10 seconds and the view of each camera gets very dark. If I go to settings for any camera and come back the "LIVE" is there but only for 10 seconds. If I click on "LIVE" before it goes away I get the message "Please Wait" - after a few  minutes the message goes away and nothing has happened.

I'm running W7 - last update about a month ago. Downloaded latest version of Flash today. I have also restarted the bases and cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's a setting in your FF profile. Try creating a new profile to see if that works.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is definitely sounding like a Flash and browser issue. Which browser are you using?

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

I use Firefox - don't recall any recent updates - just tried IE and it does work ok

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure both FF and Flash are on the latest versions. May not help but it's a start.

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

Both FF and Flash are at the latest versions. I also went to the FF plugin menu and activated Flash all the time - no help.

IE still works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just out of curiosity, have you rebooted your computer?

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

Yup - turn it off every night

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure since it works fine here. Got another computer to try it with?

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

Downloaded Chrome - works ok - will try on a laptop tomorrow

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

Tried with two different computers - one with an old version of FF and one with the latest version - both worked ok.  Reinstalled FF - still the same problem - will have to use Chrome or IE till something changes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like it's a setting in your FF profile. Try creating a new profile to see if that works.

TBB
Tutor
Tutor

I tried an older profile I had and that worked ok.  Disabled all the plug-ins and add-ons on the current one but still did not work - will have to take a closer look and see what I'm missing - thanks - Marty

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation