Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Light Turned On. No other light than the small LED light? Why would this light exist?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Danny_3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 installed above my front door.  I have another camera from another brand installed in a different part of my home that is pointed directly to my front door (almost opposite side).  On a recording last night, the non-Arlo camera recorded my Arlo Pro 2 with a very bright white light turned on for a few seconds which then turned off.   From what I know, the Arlo Pro 2 does not have a light other than the small LED lights that turn blue when charging or red when recording.  The light that clearly turned on from the Arlo Pro 2 was white and lit up the entire from porch (about 6'x6' in area).  I've searched all over for an explanation to understand what happened but no success.  Has anyone noticed an Arlo Pro 2 with a light?  If so, why would this light exist but users have no ability to take advantage of it?

4 REPLIES 4
Splam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe what you're seeing is the camera's infrared light coming on, which camera lenses can pick up but not visible to the human eye, used for night vision. If you point the camera at a window at night and have night vision on, you'll see the same 'bright' light in the video feed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition to the above, I've seen the various Arlo cameras briefly turn their lights on overnight and had them captured by other cameras viewing the same general area. I don't know why this happens but may be something to do with system checks.

CPitch1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a pro 2 camera that turns on a white light for a few seconds and turns off., illuminating the area with bright light while it’s on. It happened about 4 am this morning. It happened around 10 pm a few weeks ago. Also, the camera is not recording a video during the time the light is on. I have captured this light event on another camera three times in the past couple of months. This camera is not supposed to have a white light in it. Any ideas on what this is??
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The white light seen by the other camera was prob the Pro2  IR illumination..... which is visable by other cameras

when the P2 camera gets triggered, it has to sense the light level to see if in color or B/W ( with ir ).

Prob enough light and/or near switch over and they went out cause there was enough ambient light.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation