Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jbpeace
Follower
Follower

Within the past 24 hours my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped recording.  I have them set on a geofence with schedule and it had worked fabulous until yesterday afternoon.  Friends stopped by and zero alerts came up even though it was set to armed status.  Being curious, I took off geofencing and “armed the system”. Walked past the camera, waved at it and not a single notification.  Rest base station - nothing, resynced camera - nothing.  I ran the motion test and the light lit up recognizing movement, but still not capturing and recording anything when armed.  Again, system worked perfect for past year until yesterday and I’ve made no changes that would have upset the system .... it even worked after the new update for a 2 day period.  Help!  Camera’s are currently no better than a $20 set of dummies ....

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jbpeace,

What device are you checking your library from? Have you checked on the Arlo Mobile App as well as the web portal? What firmware is your base station & cameras currently running?

WendyF
Guide
Guide

Neither my Pro2 or my Pro are recording. Stopped about 3 hours ago. Is there something going on with Arlo??  This happened last week for several hours and then they came on. However there was no video to view. 

AmirC
Tutor
Tutor
Please help. This has happened since installing the latest arlo app. Why is the hw and sw compatibility checked and validated?. It’s caused concern to many, for this very expensive kit. Please reply ASAP. Currently support stinks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

WendyF. AmirC

What device are you checking your library from? Have you checked on the Arlo Mobile App as well as the web portal? What firmware is your base station & cameras currently running?

AmirC
Tutor
Tutor
Please find details in attachment
WendyF
Guide
Guide
2.6.1 I believe is the version. Went through big update recently. I use my iPad and my iPhone to access footage. I’ve never had a problem before. It happened again last night briefly.
AmirC
Tutor
Tutor
So what’s the fix for this annoyance?. Arlo need to get their act together. It’s extremely upsetting when one is paying for a service, that isn’t working. HELP !!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

WendyF,

What were the status LEDs on the base station displaying when you noticed the issue? Is it possible to check if you are near the base when this occur?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation